Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foxes a little help.

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I have a small project running at the moment in photographing urban wildlife.

I had been watching a fox den which I think had cubs as there was a lot of activity by both the male and vixen.

However disaster has struck on returning to the den yesterday morning I discovered it had been dug up by hunters sometime sunday, as it was still fine on saturday.
    I am trying to get some shots of cubs at play.

If anyone can point me in the right direction by PM I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Yeah that would help, City west, saggart area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

there is currently a sersis running on Channel 4 called
    Foxes Live: Wild in the City

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/foxes-live-wild-in-the-city
    No other wild animal divides public opinion quite like the urban fox, yet we know surprisingly little about them.
    Foxes Live: Wild in the City will launch a multi-platform campaign to educate the nation in an attempt to track and follow foxes across the UK and find out more about this elusive creature. Presented by Mark Evans and drawing the expertise of Dr Dawn Scott, Head of Biology and Biomedical Sciences Division at University of Brighton and Dr Phil Baker, School of Biological Sciences at University of Reading, the campaign will culminate in three live broadcasts from across the country as the project explores whether this mischievous animal deserves its reputation as a devious creature of the night.
    The power is in the hands of the viewers: everyone who owns a smart phone is a potential wildlife photographer, and harnessing the power of interactive Britain and citizen science provides a chance to revolutionise our natural history research and knowledge. This ambitious project will also gather footage from state-of-the-art tracking technology, camera rigs and user-generated content to provide a fox-eye view of Britain's cities: from the undersides of our garden sheds where they sleep to the industrial estates where they mate.
    The UK is home to thousands of foxes and there is now a need to understand how this animal lives in our cities and how we and our pets can co-exist with them. Foxes provoke either love or hate. Urban menace or furry friend: you decide.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/foxes-live-wild-in-the-city/4od
    The interactive natural history event looks at changing public attitudes to the urban fox, how foxes interact with pets and meets possibly the most pampered fox in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

wildirishswan may be able to assist you there. search for him on youtube or i think he is one of my friends on this.

Advertisement