Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me please

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello I was wondering if anybody has any info on the book gearrscealta an cheid because i am finding it very difficult at the moment.. exam in a weeks time and really looking like failure at this stage
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some questions that may help us help you:

What exactly is your problem with the book? Have you had a chance to read the short stories? Which ones do you need to know for the exam? Have you access to exam questions from previous years? Has your lecturer given you any notes or hints about the topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lukemcdaid

i would just like for someone to tell me what happens in one or two of the stories because although i have tried to read them i find it very difficult to understand any of it! my lecturer hasnt been in since xmas as we did not have the module the second semester. if anybody knows the basic plot of any of the stories it would be a great guideline for me because i find the irish in the book very difficult many thanks!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Assuming you're studying Gaeilge at third level:

No offence, but the level of Irish in that book is not particularly difficult. The 20 stories in it were selected so as to give a fairly casual reader of Irish a decent introduction to the genre. If you have a week to prepare for the exam, you should pick 3 or 4 stories and go through them with a foclóir open next to you.

Apart from cases of exceptional circumstances, this forum should not be used by people looking for others to do their home-work for them.

Advertisement