Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIEA Upcoming events- anyone attend these?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

I am curious as to how many people attend the IIEA events?
    I have emailed the reception there as I wish to attend some events next week but have not heard anything back and I am wondering what the procedure is?
    Do I just show up on the day?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Could you give a link/some background info as to the upcoming events you're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yup been to loads of them with work.

My place has a membership though.

I think its 50e per event if you are not a member though.

Details are on the website.

Oh and even though we are members we still register for each event by email (neve get a response though - just put us on the list).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Woah, 250 for individual membership seems pretty steep. I'd imagine most people have a subscription through their employer(?)

andrew wrote: »
    Woah, 250 for individual membership seems pretty steep. I'd imagine most people have a subscription through their employer(?)

Yeah I would have thought so.

Talks are of varied value.

Was at the Gilmore one last week which was a bit of a waste of time in terms of the content of what he said.

One or two interesting ones coming up with Kinsella and the head of the IIF Charles Dallara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You get free membership through the Young Professionals Network!

You get free membership through the Young Professionals Network!

http://www.iiea.com/young-professionals-network

I am not sure I interpret that the same way you do.

1) It asks for you to email your details and organisation (so you have to be working - not saying you aren't!)

"To join the YPN, please send your full contact details and the name of the organisation with which you are affiliated to ..."

2) That "Free of Charge" (to me anyway) seems like it is only talking about the YPN events i.e.:

"Events usually take place every four-six weeks from 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. at the IIEA’s city-centre location and they are a great opportunity for professionals to meet and interact with their peers over a glass of wine."

I'd call them if I were you - as I say, I don't think they do email replies!

Advertisement