Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potterton Suprima Leaking

Options
  • 07-05-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Have a Potterton Suprima that is dripping water but still working OK. Having done some looking around I think is it leaking from the Heat Exchanger. Over last few days its got worse and have someone out tomorrow to look at it.

The boiler is 14 years old and has served well over the years but trying to debate now whether to spend another few hundred quid nursing it along or maybe think about replacing. Have dropped €500 on it already a few years back for new fan, that also required new PCB, so now wondering what next...

Now if my thoughts turn to getting a new one then can anyone advise on what best to look at as regards most efficient etc? Have a 5 bed house with converted attic too and 15 rad's. Do I need a particular size or does the standard domestic model's suffice?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated, especially when chatting to the engineer tomorrow.

Thanks for help.
    Paddy

Comments

At 14 years old it's probably not worth repairing, it's also important to consider that most modern boilers are much more efficient than the older ones so you'll save on your fuel bills.

Look into getting a condensing boiler, those are the most efficient plus upgrading your insulation helps as well.

Advertisement