Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~~ GRENADES ~~

Options
  • 07-05-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

interested in buying a grenade set ,
    only problem is there 2 euro for every bang ,
    (1euro for a shell and a euro for the co2)

can anybody tell me a place to buy cheap shells and co2 thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

To be honest with you, I can't see you get much cheaper than €2 per grenade. The best I've seen for CO2 canisters is 85c each, unless you're willing to place a bulk order of ~€300 for 500 canisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

an alternative would be one of the tornado grenades more expensive to buy buy you fill them with gas and BBs and don't need to replace the shell and CO2 canister after each use.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

does a bb from that grenade have to hit a player for them to be out or is that just a bonus when it goes off with a loud bang.

do irish retailers stock them ?

for an average 11 euro gas (500ml) can how many grenade refills would you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

boxinginfo wrote: »
    does a bb from that grenade have to hit a player for them to be out or is that just a bonus when it goes off with a loud bang.

do irish retailers stock them ?

for an average 11 euro gas (500ml) can how many grenade refills would you get ?

this will depend on the site/players

as it propels BB's it would mean one would have to hit you (a disadvantage over the thunder B) but like the thunder B I'd say most site owners will just say if a grenade lands in a room you're all dead, depending on the room size. the impact grenades do make for some very interesting booby traps though, like on door handles and stuff :)
    as for the can of gas it would again depend on how long you gas it for and the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

T4RGET wrote: »
    but like the thunder B I'd say most site owners will just say if a grenade lands in a room you're all dead, .

yep saw one used in redbarn a while ago and the guy claimed it didn't blow coz there was no bang and the marshal said, its an impact grenade it doesnt make a bang in that room your dead regardless of BBs hitting your now take your hit.

pretty sure MIA was stocking them a while ago, cost circa €100 thats the bad news, the good news is its not €2 a throw so after 50 throws you've broken even :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Faolchu wrote: »
    pretty sure MIA was stocking them a while ago, cost circa €100 thats the bad news, the good news is its not €2 a throw so after 50 throws you've broken even :D
    There will be a cost for gas so it's a bit more.

The big downside is if you throw it and can't find it. Losing €30 is annoying, losing €100 is very very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

sliabh wrote: »
    There will be a cost for gas so it's a bit more.

The big downside is if you throw it and can't find it. Losing €30 is annoying, losing €100 is very very annoying.

very good point.
    the thunder B is also easier to re-arm compared to the impact ones, alsot he fact that you don't need BB's in them makes it easier, they hold something like 120BB's. don't fancy loading those into a impact grenade :P
    like Sliabh said though, a can of gas cost about €10. also the thunder B is Co2 so will work better in our climate. and besides 2 quid isn't much for a shell and CO2 bulb, how often will you throw it? once/ twice a skirmish day. and if yo do decide to throw it more then I doubt you will use the impact more as you have to re-arm is re gas it and but BB's in it. the Thunder BB you screw the old shell off, replace the CO2 bulb and put a new shell on.
    I personally would go for the thunder B, but it's up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Realistically there is a reason the Thunder B very quickly became the name in grenades; you throw them - they take abuse, and there is a limit to the lifespan of every item that you fling. Thunder B's will cost you approximately €35, and then €2 per additional throw.

The Tornado grenade is a fantastic piece of kit, but it's over €100...that's a big risk to be taking every time you throw it, for a couple of reasons:
    1.) You could lose it in the undergrowth
    2.) It could get damaged in the toss
    3.) Some unscrupulous player may get sticky fingers

Now of course the same can be said for any grenade, but with greater investment comes greater temptation for the aforementioned "Sticky Fingers"...as well as the unpleasantness of Murphy's Law; if anything can go wrong...it will go wrong.

Advertisement