Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I wait for resit?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

The first of my final year exams starts on Thursday morning and unfortunately I have been laid out with a bad dose of the flu and a temperature of 102 for the past 3 days and showing no signs of improvement. I have not had any chance to start studying yet and cant imagine tomorrow being that productive either. It is not a really hard exam and I could probably pass it with 1 good day of studying just to cover the basics but I currently have a 70% average and I was hoping to keep that. The last thing I want is to have to defer the exam and have it hanging over me all summer but I dont really want to ruin my good grade either.
    Is the final grade important in the real world or is it just something that matters to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

It depends what field you're in, but many graduate jobs/masters specify a minimum 2.1 and to be honest the first you've worked so hard for would put you right up their with the best. I can understand the frustration at not having the summer you want, but if you are genuinely not fit to sit an exam, do not. In my opinion (and I'm not you) scraping a pass could be something you would regret much more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

The flu has made the decision for me, Im still in no shape to study. Hopefully I will be able to get ready for exam no.2 now.

Advertisement