Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies Leaving Cert

Options
  • 07-05-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi just wondering what word count people have done for their portfolio part of the project??
    im nearly on about 4700 words, 24 pages.... deciding to write more or not..... by the way im doin mine on the Boyne Bridge :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

farmerkid wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what word count people have done for their portfolio part of the project??
    im nearly on about 4700 words, 24 pages.... deciding to write more or not..... by the way im doin mine on the Boyne Bridge :)

Not strictly answering your question but the deadline was Friday the 27th April.

Being a Construction teacher its more the quality of whats in the brief rather than the quantity.
    I have be given some very large briefs in the past that were just waffle basically, with no real substance and did not have all the required components.
    I have also been given some very short briefs that were fantastic if they had been slightly longer.
    I would take a guess at about 20-30 pages is around normal with some longer and few shorter.
    Plenty of pictures/photos/sketches are important rather than just pages and pages of writing.
    Make sure to include all the headings, evaluation and conclusions are very important.
    The 3 experiments are as important as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 farmerkid

Yea i am aware of that now but our teacher never told us this date :-/ and he said he wants them done for this friday (12th may) ... most projects in the class are not finished yet but mine is :)

Ok thanks for the info, helps from another teachers point of view
    well I have a pictures on nearly every page to make it look better,
    I have all the headings done just trying to fill it out (shouldnt be too difficult)
    and the 24 pages doesnt include any sketches but I am planning to add some so it should work out fine :)

by the way does your teacher mark your project and portfolio??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Broom16

Hi all

I am just wondering when does the teacher get to cover all the theory side of things in the final year? And or when does the teacher start talking about your projects?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

It varies from teacher to teacher. The final date for completion of projects is usually end of April or something like that so in reality you can start any time you want once you finish before then.
    Some teachers will start straight away with the project to allow time for practical practice before the day exam, others may not start until after Christmas. I know of one teacher who did the project in 5th year.

Theory will fit in around that. Most likely you will have very little to cover, probably covered most of it in 5th year but theory in 6th year will be a lot less due to practical and project work

Advertisement