Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office 2007 Gaeilge Spell Checker?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I hope someone can help me, sorry if this is the wrong forum, i wasn't sure where to post it, also, sorry for not typing this as gaeilge, as i am not a fluent speaker :o:o.

I am looking for a spell checker for MS office (Word) 2007 in Irish.
    I have downloaded this Office Language Interface Pack to the PC, and it installs, then a message comes up in Irish, but nothing happens, it doesn't spellcheck, it doesn't do anything.
    I do know about Gaelspell, but as it's €25 to download, I was hoping if anybody knows of an alternative, as its not for me, but for a person i'm helping, and i know they don't have €25, but may have to as a very last resort.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Well there's this one for Firefox which is free. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/litreoir-gaelspell-do-mhozilla/

A person could do the spellchecking in an email through Firefox and then cut and paste it back to the WORD document when they're finished. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks, I had suggested that, in Firefox as Gaeilge, which i think was developed by the same guy that developed Gaelspell. But, i think their decision was influenced by the google translate, which apparently is terrible, and so it was assumed would be the Firefox one.. in the end they decided to go for the full version, Gaelspell Anois, with Grammar checker and thesaurus included. It cost €65 - :eek::eek:

The grammar checker wasn't the best, but everything else was loved and did the job.

Advertisement