Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenco Brazilian Instant coffee ? Tesco ?

Options
  • 06-05-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I am fussy about tea and do love roasted coffee, etc.
    However, at home - I've found my favourite quick shot of coffee is an instant variety from Kenco.
    I make it in a small measure and I like the smoky flavour (a lot better than most instants IMHO).

http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/ProductsDetailed/49/073349.jpg

Anyway.. recently I've found that my local Tesco hasn't stocked it.
    My wife found 2 jars (final ones) in Tesco Castlebar.
    I'm wondering if my Dublin friends on this boards.ie have seen it still stocked in their local Tescos ??

It seems to me that Tesco have retained the Colombian and Costa Rican Kenco instants but are starting to de-stock the Brazilian and , in classic Tesco style, have a product replacement thing going on whereby Tesco have an own-luxury brand Brazilian (which IMHO isn't as flavoursome).
    Anyone spot the Brazilian instant /Kenco in your local Tesco.
    This is brand espionage !! I'm gutted that Mayo (and perhaps) Sligo Tescos seem to have ousted this tasty instant coffee.

Someone else mentioned Coffee for the office.
    I used to bring this into the office - I like Lavazza, Segafredo, Arabica's etc but I really have a guilty pleasure in this Brazilian stuff as it actually tastes more than decent as an instant coffee!

--ifconfig

Advertisement