Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Out Early

Options
  • 06-05-2012 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've got a question that'll probably be obvious to the most of you, but I don't really understand betting.

Betfred have paid out on MUFC winning the title, and it now looks as though they won't.

What will this entail if City win? Will Done have to call back the money he paid out and send it to the City backers, or will there be different consequences?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

G.K. wrote: »
    Hi all. I've got a question that'll probably be obvious to the most of you, but I don't really understand betting.

Betfred have paid out on MUFC winning the title, and it now looks as though they won't.

What will this entail if City win? Will Done have to call back the money he paid out and send it to the City backers, or will there be different consequences?

Thanks.

Nope, the bookies will pay out on the city backers, and the Man Utd backers keep their cash. Bookies loose this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

That's a good question I've never understood this whole pay out early lark meself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Is paying out early just PR stuff, or is there some other reason behind bookies doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

PR is one reason, another is the sooner you have the money paid into punters accounts, the sooner they will lose it back to the bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

PR is the main reason they would do it.
    Normally would say it's also the number of bets they haven taken and the cost associated but in this case, it wouldn't apply as I'd say they took a fortune on MU as most bookies do.
    It was for singles only so wouldn't count for multiple bets so mightn't be as bad as 1st thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

okidoki987 wrote: »
    PR is the main reason they would do it.
    Normally would say it's also the number of bets they haven taken and the cost associated but in this case, it wouldn't apply as I'd say they took a fortune on MU as most bookies do.
    It was for singles only so wouldn't count for multiple bets so mightn't be as bad as 1st thought.

So if that was the last leg of a multiple, ie all else had won, they were not paying out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

yesno1234 wrote: »
    So if that was the last leg of a multiple, ie all else had won, they were not paying out?

No. Singles only.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

He's never top price on Utd though, although I do appreciate that where he is based probably means that he will take more on the Manchester clubs than any of the others.

Even now he should be going 13/2 or even 7/1 Utd in the hope of getting some of that money back instead of 11/2 (6/1 elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

PR I'd imagine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement