Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If selling would you allow rent to buy ??

Options
  • 06-05-2012 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I was just thinking there is a few houses in the area i am from and one or two are empty for a while now. i was thinking if you are trying to sell a property would you consider to a deal by were the person agrees to rent to buy with the depoist being the rent ?

Of course there would have to be contracts signed etc.

What do you think of this idea if you had a house empty for awhile and no income coming from it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sell the house now for a slightly cheaper price, as opposed to sell it a few years down the road when you have to sell it for a much cheaper price (rent to buy), or the "tenant" pulls out, and you have to sell the house in a much cheaper era.

Not to forget that should anything break whilst you're "renting" it out, you have to fix, along with all the problems of being a landlord.

I take it you're not renting it atm, but have you in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

the_syco wrote: »
    Sell the house now for a slightly cheaper price, as opposed to sell it a few years down the road when you have to sell it for a much cheaper price (rent to buy), or the "tenant" pulls out, and you have to sell the house in a much cheaper era.

Not to forget that should anything break whilst you're "renting" it out, you have to fix, along with all the problems of being a landlord.

I take it you're not renting it atm, but have you in the past?

I'm getting ready to buy saving a deposit atm and i just feel the house that is lying idle could be living in while paying of my deposit and basically doing a deal.

Also i feel if someone was to do a deal like this that a deposit of 5k plus the rent would cover any problems

I'm getting ready to buy saving a deposit atm and i just feel the house that is lying idle could be living in while paying of my deposit and basically doing a deal.

Also i feel if someone was to do a deal like this that a deposit of 5k plus the rent would cover any problems
    Ah, thought you were looking to sell your house. In that case, no, as it's a bad idea long term, as banks don't see the deposit as a deposit, and three years down the road, the houses will have dropped to a point where the house is worth less than now and thus you don't go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah, thought you were looking to sell your house. In that case, no, as it's a bad idea long term, as banks don't see the deposit as a deposit, and three years down the road, the houses will have dropped to a point where the house is worth less than now and thus you don't go for it.

Was just a thought, Wonder how the likes of easisteps.ie get people mortgages if that's the case.

Do a search, and you'll come across a rent-to-buy scheme where some were successful, some weren't as their bank didn't accept the deposit as a deposit.Maybe Feb/March I think there was a thread about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement