Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmeath Airsoft spots? - Delvin site?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Alright, I've been looking around for a good place near me in Westmeath but seems closest is in meath.
    I hear tell of one place maybe being set up near Mullingar near Delvin but guy in the shop I was in who told me wasn't sure on any details about it. Anyone know any place around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

mullingar myself id love to see a site nearby but heard nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

The Compound is only 35 km from Delvin and 55 km from Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Or you could just go to vacant. about 20mins from mullingar.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Or you could just go to vacant. about 20mins from mullingar.
    try 50mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Might have been a bit optimistic alright.

lol.

20 mins to my house and im 15 mins from site. so say 40 and we call it that. still quicker than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Jimmy bo 186

Andrewb673 wrote: »
    Alright, I've been looking around for a good place near me in Westmeath but seems closest is in meath.
    I hear tell of one place maybe being set up near Mullingar near Delvin but guy in the shop I was in who told me wasn't sure on any details about it. Anyone know any place around?

Hey man, I am opening up a site just outside Longford town in october. Unfortunetely, i cant open it any sooner. Anyway, The compound or vacant is probably the nearest site to us but it still takes at least an hour and a half to get there from Longford.

Hey man, I am opening up a site just outside Longford town in october. Unfortunetely, i cant open it any sooner. Anyway, The compound or vacant is probably the nearest site to us but it still takes at least an hour and a half to get there from Longford.
    this is great news best of luck and see you there on opening day!! The midlands really needs a site or two

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    this is great news best of luck and see you there on opening day!! The midlands really needs a site or two

Thanks man. The site is coming together nicely so I will see you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Andrewb673

Really? Longford/Mullingar/Ballymahon is the area im usually around! Can't wait to see you guys set up and come round

Really? Longford/Mullingar/Ballymahon is the area im usually around! Can't wait to see you guys set up and come round

Yes, spread the word your tell your mates about it. We will need all the support we can get.

I might put up some pics of the site and what i am doing with it in the next month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

What type of site will it be? Woodland? CQB type?

Rooky1 wrote: »
    What type of site will it be? Woodland? CQB type?

About 7 acres of woodland, thick and thin and 1 to 2 acres of cqb.

About 7 acres of woodland, thick and thin and 1 to 2 acres of cqb.

Sounds cool. When you say 1 to 2 acres of CQB, is it buildings/sheds/cabins?

Sounds cool. When you say 1 to 2 acres of CQB, is it buildings/sheds/cabins?

Its a bit of everything really. Will hopefully build a maze in the centre. Not sure yet. Im focusing on the forest at the minute and putting in a number of bridges connect the forestry to the field/cqb area.

I also plan on putting in a carpark, shotting range and a large safe zone serving hot food during the day. There will also be a number of themed signs and structures to give a more warlike feel.

Sounds very interesting. And not too far away is always good.
    What sort of time frame are you looking at?

Sounds very interesting. And not too far away is always good.
    What sort of time frame are you looking at?

The plan is to open next october all going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CLOSER Indoor Airsoft

hey guys there is a site in meath not sure how close it is to you but its called the compound its a huge old demense with buildings courtyards woodland and its huge runs every sat and sunday paul mullholland runs it

google "the compound airsoft club"

its in gibbstown hope that helps

tony

Thanks Tony

I want to try that site myself, but I can get to several other sites a bit quicker than I can get there.
    Have to make the extra time to visit it soon:)

heard theres a site started up in clonmellon but cant find anything on the web.anybody have an info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

The Compound is a good site alright. It'd be my regular, and paul runs some fun games. You should try it out if you are wanting to try somewhere new.

• Advertisement

i go there myself sure!turns out the place im on about is near clonmellon starting this weekend

i go there myself sure!turns out the place im on about is near clonmellon starting this weekend

Any more information on the Clonmellon site?

Any more information on the Clonmellon site?
    hes startin at the weekend.i can send ya his number if ya want rooky?

hes startin at the weekend.i can send ya his number if ya want rooky?

That would be great mate, thanks:D

Advertisement