Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conditional offer ucd - help!

Options
  • 05-05-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hey guys, badly need some advice here. ive been offered my dream course at UCD. problem is it is a conditional offer requiring me to get a distinction in maths in my current fetac 5 course. problem is i know im not getting a distinction in math. i think i have a pass.

is there anyway to appeal a conditional offer? help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi antkeane. I've never seen a conditional offer being appealed but thats not to say it doesn't happen. Have you spoken to UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Hi antkeane. I've never seen a conditional offer being appealed but thats not to say it doesn't happen. Have you spoken to UCD?

hey paperclip, ive spoke to my guidance counselor and she advised me she may be able to speak to someone there for me. has this not happened before then as far as you know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Try not to worry too much. They may give you a bit of lee-way depending on how near to a distinction you get. I got a conditional offer from Uni. of Ulster and I didn't end up getting the marks needed in Physics and Biology but I still got an offer.

Hopefully it works out for you!

Larianne wrote: »
    Try not to worry too much. They may give you a bit of lee-way depending on how near to a distinction you get. I got a conditional offer from Uni. of Ulster and I didn't end up getting the marks needed in Physics and Biology but I still got an offer.

Hopefully it works out for you!

Thanks guys. Did you contact them and let them know the story? I know there are thousands behind me that would kill for my position now. or did you blag it and it was unchecked? id rather not bring attention to my failure!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

antkeane wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Did you contact them and let them know the story? I know there are thousands behind me that would kill for my position now.

No. They recieved my results but they still gave me an offer of a place on the course. Maybe wait it out and see?

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    No. They recieved my results but they still gave me an offer of a place on the course. Maybe wait it out and see?

My guidance counsellor is pretty awesome. I might get her to ring her UCD contact on behalf without giving names. see what the outcome is and then leave my course at the top of my CAO. Try at bit of reason with it. thanks for the help.

Advertisement