Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max effective range of your AEG's..

Options
  • 05-05-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Was shooting yesterday out the back approx 31m at a relatively small target bout "12in x 6in" was hitting it no problem but anything after id say its pushing it. when I shoot beyond that, bb's (.20g) lose power it seems and pull right a bit.

Gun is a completely stock KWA. I installed a madbull blue before and the results are shockingly bad, id imagine its down to them being for more powerfull aegs.

The inner barrel is 6.04, would I benefit by putting a 6.03 in?

So whats yer max effective range of hitting targets? brand of aeg and mods to it?

Is 30 the average ye wreckon or should it be 40-50m?

Want to get it ready for its first skirmish...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

It would depend a lot on the conditions too. a bb has a lot backspin applied at launch and as it wears off towards the of end of its flight it becomes more effected by wind and gravity.

onto aegs my vfc baby has a tightbore 6.02 and guarder clear and fires about 60m but would be only effectively hitting a 1ft square target at about 30m, beyond that you could hit a man sized target no problem but might need to elevate a little or walk the bbs into the target beyond 50.

i used a umarex g36 the other night and the range with the stock guarder blue was very bad. only about 25 metres range on total and the hop didn't effect it.much because the rubber is just much too hard.

a sign that you have a good hopup combo is when small.wheel adjustments make large flight changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Arkslippy wrote: »
    It would depend a lot on the conditions too. a bb has a lot backspin applied at launch and as it wears off towards the of end of its flight it becomes more effected by wind and gravity.

onto aegs my vfc baby has a tightbore 6.02 and guarder clear and fires about 60m but would be only effectively hitting a 1ft square target at about 30m, beyond that you could hit a man sized target no problem but might need to elevate a little or walk the bbs into the target beyond 50.

i used a umarex g36 the other night and the range with the stock guarder blue was very bad. only about 25 metres range on total and the hop didn't effect it.much because the rubber is just much too hard.

a sign that you have a good hopup combo is when small.wheel adjustments make large flight changes.

At 30 mine is the same will hit it no problem what so ever like your vfc, I might try the guarder some day see how that fairs.

What weight bb's do you use? think .20g might be a little light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

I use .20, never seen the benefit of heavier ones even though I've tried them.

to be honest I've been using blaster .2 in both tracer and white and never had a jam in 2 years.

i also only play indoors so wind isint a factor. i play at vacant so lots of shots hitting at about 50 metres too.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    I use .20, never seen the benefit of heavier ones even though I've tried them.

to be honest I've been using blaster .2 in both tracer and white and never had a jam in 2 years.

i also only play indoors so wind isint a factor. i play at vacant so lots of shots hitting at about 50 metres too.

Had baaaaad experiences with blasters in .25 and even worse with the .28. Very mild breeze yesterday now alright. Indoor would probably be ideal to test the range but dont have that luxury Im afraid. Miles and miles away from any indoor sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I use .25's KA BB's and can usually hit a target from about 40-45 metres, my AEG itself reaches about 60m but hitting anything anywhere smaller than a mansized target from that distance is difficult

• Advertisement

T4RGET wrote: »
    I use .25's KA BB's and can usually hit a target from about 40-45 metres, my AEG itself reaches about 60m but hitting anything anywhere smaller than a mansized target from that distance is difficult

what set-up are you running if you don't mind me asking?

what set-up are you running if you don't mind me asking?

.25's like i said, then a 363mm Mabull python II barrel and a Guarder clear with guarder hop up chamber. The gearbox and motor etc are stock (G&G Raider) :)

.25's like i said, then a 363mm Mabull python II barrel and a Guarder clear with guarder hop up chamber. The gearbox and motor etc are stock (G&G Raider) :)

Yea Im hearing a lot of good things about thems there guarder do hickeys. The stock kwa rubber is very good but Im fairly positive it is for aegs pushing the 350-400fps+ mark.

Like I said I installed a madbull blue and on top of being a nightmare to fit when it was fitted it was useless to be quite honest, when I put it in the brothers' G&P it worked fairly well better than the stock one but when you dial up the hop bb's jam like a good thing.

Did u notice a big difference with heavier bb's as in stable flight path and all that?

Yea Im hearing a lot of good things about thems there guarder do hickeys. The stock kwa rubber is very good but Im fairly positive it is for aegs pushing the 350-400fps+ mark.

Like I said I installed a madbull blue and on top of being a nightmare to fit when it was fitted it was useless to be quite honest, when I put it in the brothers' G&P it worked fairly well better than the stock one but when you dial up the hop bb's jam like a good thing.

Did u notice a big difference with heavier bb's as in stable flight path and all that?

Honestly, yes i noticed a fair difference. I've used .2' sicne i started 3 years ago, started using heavier ones a few weeks back and I've seenva huge difference, also note that some set ups work better on some AEG's than other. so best way is to experiment, like for my M4, i started with the barrel and the original green G&G hop up, then tried a ultimate hop up with G&G chamber, then the Guarder clear with the Guarder chamber etc, till eventually I found something that worked, also the Ultimate hop and madbull TBB increased my AEG from .9 to 1.4 so jst be careful with the combination you use, the M4 was out of action for a few weeks till i got it donwgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

when my hk416 was in its prime, i was capable of hitting a man sized target up to 75m with 2 out of 3 shots in good weather conditions.
    i was using a ultimate TBB 6.01 paired with a prometheus purple hop up rubber. the aeg was shooting @325 +/- 1 fps. i only ever used the G&G* bb's in it as i found they are what gave the best results.
    i have found when you are looking to improve the consistencey/ accuracy its all trial and error, pick a barrel you want to use, then try several hop up rubbers to see what gives the best result. then go and buy as many of brands of bb's as you can in as many weights as you can and try them all to see which suit you best.
    but just because a combo works well with one gun does not mean it will work as well in another.

* the factory that made the G&G bb's now makes them for KA, avoid the new G&G bb's they are pants.

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    when my hk416 was in its prime, i was capable of hitting a man sized target up to 75m with 2 out of 3 shots in good weather conditions.
    i was using a ultimate TBB 6.01 paired with a prometheus purple hop up rubber. the aeg was shooting @325 +/- 1 fps. i only ever used the G&G* bb's in it as i found they are what gave the best results.
    i have found when you are looking to improve the consistencey/ accuracy its all trial and error, pick a barrel you want to use, then try several hop up rubbers to see what gives the best result. then go and buy as many of brands of bb's as you can in as many weights as you can and try them all to see which suit you best.
    but just because a combo works well with one gun does not mean it will work as well in another.

* the factory that made the G&G bb's now makes them for KA, avoid the new G&G bb's they are pants.

I miss the old G&G's too :( they were the best

Sheeeeeeit its the new g&g's I am currently using..Well serves me right 9.99 for 3000 thought to myself bargain but cant sacrifice quality with this hobby.

King arms bb's straight away I think then a new inner barrel is on the cards, its actually 6.05 thought it was 6.04. See how that fairs, failing that some new rubbers. Changing the chamber is not an option because KWA in there infinite wisdom made a two proprietary chamber so can't swap it out.

75m is serious range If I got to 50 id be delighted.

Sheeeeeeit its the new g&g's I am currently using..Well serves me right 9.99 for 3000 thought to myself bargain but cant sacrifice quality with this hobby.

King arms bb's straight away I think then a new inner barrel is on the cards first off, its actually 6.05 thought it was 6.04. See how that fairs, failing that some new rubbers.

75m is serious range If I got to 50 id be delighted.

the new G&G's are pretty bad, if you can get them use Excel but I don't know anywhere in Ireland that sells them. KA's are pretty good, you should easily get 50metres. even from a stock AEG 30-40 is pretty normal.

Changing the chamber is not an option because KWA in there infinite wisdom made a two proprietary chamber so can't swap it out.

you can mod your lower receiver to take a one piece. not difficult 2 minutes with a dremmel type device or 5 minutes with a junior hacksaw blade
    75m is serious range If I got to 50 id be delighted

lots of time and money spent to get it to that level.

the new G&G's are pretty bad, if you can get them use Excel but I don't know anywhere in Ireland that sells them. KA's are pretty good, you should easily get 50metres. even from a stock AEG 30-40 is pretty normal.

mia used to sell the excels, maybe try them?

mia used to sell the excels, maybe try them?

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=920 :) i have never thought of looking in MIA, been a while since i've seen Excels, still use old bottle to hold KA BB's :P Cheers man :)

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=920 :) i have never thought of looking in MIA, been a while since i've seen Excels, still use old bottle to hold KA BB's :P Cheers man :)
    no bothers. :cool:

seems seairsoft stock the excels too :)
    http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=1395&catid=17

you can mod your lower receiver to take a one piece. not difficult 2 minutes with a dremmel type device or 5 minutes with a junior hacksaw blade

lots of time and money spent to get it to that level.

More hassle than its worth really, have the change the air nozzle then as well as again that is KWA specific I dont even know if you can get one to fit to be honest without modding it.

What I meant really was its just a pity that KWA didnt, like other manufacturers made interchangeable hop-up chambers.

sweet :) surprised i never found them on SE before, look at there site a good bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement