Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral Surgeon or ENT Recommendation

Options
  • 05-05-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate if I could get a surgeon recommendation.

I have had some issues with the right side of my neck and head for years and it was always put down to being just something that would go away by itself. Well, it hasn't and it's been twenty years now.

For the first ten years I never thought it could be a dental issue until a dentist in London advised me that it could very well be as I had two impacted wisdom teeth. I seen an oral surgeon at that point but as my health wasn't great, he thought I shouldn't have them out as they most likely were not the cause of my swollen glands and neck pain.

Anyway, I would really like a second opinion as my neck is now so bad I am virtually housebound. Just standing in the shower causes my glands to get sore and the right side of face to go clammy and numb and even swell if I walk for to long.

This is now the first time that I have tooth pain also as the lower right wisdom tooth seems to be painful in direct proportion to how bad my other symptoms get.

Anyway, not looking for medical advice just somewhere/someone that I could get it from.

I have lived in London since the late 80's, so don't really know who to see. My GP seems clueless and just wants to prescribe tablets without referring me to anyone.

Is there any Oral Surgeons that are good in this area and will check for infections, cysts etc?

I would really like to get it taken out as fast as possible but from what I recall, the dentist in London felt the way it was positioned, I would need to have it done under a general anesthetic, so someone that does this privately maybe?

All recommendations (via PM if that is the rule) really really as am just not coping very well right now it's making me feel like hell right now. The pain is not so bad, but when the glands swell (even if just a little) I feel so ill to the point where I struggle to just take care of myself. Things like house work, showering etc just seem like such a mountain as standing seems to aggravate the symptoms.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement