Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip no Degree.

Options
  • 05-05-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi guys

I just have a question.

I recently started a level 8 higher diploma in science and web technologies.

I applied via an RPEL method as i didn't go to college after school as i trained a different route, Since ive changed career and i have experience in the field of the course and that;s how i got on it.

Since this is essentially a conversion course for people with other degrees to get into a different field i wanted to see how this would work for me.

I wanted to ask as ive head mixed opinions.

I plan on doing a masters in ucd next year and typically for the course they would accept a level 8 in what im doing but i wanted to see how does it hamper me having a post grad Hdip and not having a degree weather it be in the same field or different, i know i can do a masters in the same subject and such after but im interested in ucd and i want to see how they will view it.

Let me know what you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To be honest its a tough one for people to comment on. It can depend on the course you are doing, the Masters you want to apply to and the practical experience you have from work. Can you speak to the head of Dept or relevant course director in UCD? That would give you more of an insight into what they are looking for

Advertisement