Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson is re-elected as Lord Mayor of London.

Options
  • 04-05-2012 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking News 11:56pm Friday night > After a nail biting recount, Boris has finally been re-elected for a second 'four year term' as Mayor of London & over over eight million people. So what are your thoughts, did you vote for Boris or Ken? or one of the others? Personally I like Boris and I am glad he has been re-elected.

Mayor-of-London-Boris-Joh-007.jpg

Boris waving from the open platform of a Boris bus (New Routemaster) endorsed & championed by himself!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The problem with Ken Livingstone is just damned unlike-able!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

:D Quite happy for him. Alot better than Ken with his dodgy tax dealing and congestion charge.

I got into swing of things and did a bit of canvasing for him.. Now onto PM ;) Its nice to win once and a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

BuffyBot wrote: »
    The problem with Ken Livingstone is just damned unlike-able!

He reminds me of Senator Palpatine *shudder*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Boris is better than Ken by a good bit, but I'd have been happier with a mayor who isn't affiliated with the party actively trying to dismantle the NHS under the pretence of improving it.

In that regard, the mayoral election did feel very much like Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Very low turn out for the election, what was it? only 30% or 37% of Londoners voted, something like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ya about 2 million voted out of 5 million voters.

It was the same country wide..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Another choice of who you hate least

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

LordSutch wrote: »
    Very low turn out for the election, what was it? only 30% or 37% of Londoners voted, something like that!
    Personally, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

He reminds me of Senator Palpatine *shudder*

boris did finish his victory speech with 'may the fourth be with you' too. the only highlight of the whole thing.

Advertisement