Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Lung Inhale vs Mouth

• 04-05-2012 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Kinda struggling a bit today for some reason. Thought I'd try out the lung inhale to see if it would satisfy better. Only vaping 9mg using DCT.

Holy smoke! Some increase in vapour! Seemed to satisfy better as well. Wonder is it worse for you though?

I normally use mouth then inhale into lung. Kinda don't love the idea of the lung inhale for some reason but boy does it give more satisfaction if you need it occasionally.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wouldnt say its worse for you, bloody harsher though
    never did it with cigarettes either, although I did it with bongs alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Anybody I've ever given a ecig for a try, normally go for lung inhale, and the coughing & spluttering is always a laugh. They are always surprised at at the hit. I have to admit, I sometimes forget and inhale direct to the lungs and it can sometimes be a bit harsh, but not always. Depends on the device, juice etc.

Would agree with SDCC, in that I don't think either method is better or worse for you. They say that you absorb more nicotine if you hold vapour in the mouth for a few secs, but I don't know TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I smoked for nearly 20 years, and only heard of the lung inhale after I started vaping. It never even occurred to me!!

A lot harsher alright, not something I like too much..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Same here, I always did a mouth inhale as a smoker and do the same now as a vaper. I find the lung hale very harsh and it feels like it's completely drying out my throat an lungs, and it doesn't give the same kick as suddenly inhaling a full mouthful of vapour.

Recently I've also being trying the retrohale which gives really good strong blast of flavour, and occasionally the french inhale which can give a good blast, but tends to make me sneeze.

after seeing a thread on UKV and remembering this thread I've been alternating between lung and mouth inhaling all day

with the liqua tobaccos it was very very rough on the throat, in a good way.. i was getting serious TH from a 11mg juice.. flavour was a bit lessed, but im having an issue with flavours the past few days where i'm just not getting the full blast I know i should be

just tried a lung inhale with some irishvapers oisin, flavour is muted like the liqua stuff.. but the TH was quite a bit less.. still nice but milder

i kinda like the Lung inhale now :) It will never be my main vaping method, its..... effort. I much prefer to just draw lightly into my mouth, inhale and exhale getting the full flavour and good vapour but every now and again when i want to feel that burning on my throat and really kick out the vapour.. lung all the way.
    seems to give more nic too.. although I guess that's because you're holding the vapour in your lungs longer overall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

but im having an issue with flavours the past few days where i'm just not getting the full blast I know i should be
    Withdrawal from the RDA? :)

I've been finding my boge cartos to be pretty inconsistent flavour wise. Some cartos have been great, some have been terrible, and others have switched between good and bad a lot.

I'm hoping I just had a bad 5-pack, I had a terrible one yesterday that finished off a pack, so I swapped it out this morning for one from a new pack and it's doing great so far.

Also, to be fair I am mostly using pretty thick juices in a tank, and I'm usually pretty careful to make sure I'm keeping the filler wet, but maybe not careful enough.

i think the reason the Lung in hale was giving me such a TH yesterday and today in college was because I hadnt filled the carto fully :D

was ripping the throat off me all day and i was loving it as I only got 3-4 hours sleep last night so it was all that was keeping me awake

but I'd only been putting about 5-6 drops into the carto every time I refilled it during the day so I decided Id give it a proper fill now that im home and it took ****ing ages before any start leaking out the bottom
    TH way lessened now on a lung inhale.. im kinda missing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Fair auld whack of vapour with it too. I find it great if you are a bit unsatisfied now and again. If the carto is well used it's more difficult to draw in though.

yeah, I find it better for outdoors vaping
    it was real windy today and with the LI I got to see a real satisfying plume of vapour as I exhaled, plus the wind wasn't ripping it out of my mouth as I tried to inhale it

Advertisement