Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song War 7: Hey Joe Vs Cocaine

Options
  • 04-05-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

Ok since the song war 6 thread seems to be done. I thought i'd come back with another one. The two songs I picked for this one, are not really songs that can be credited to any one artist as they are performed by various artists and are very popular songs. However from reading up songs I can say proberly the most famous version of Cocaine is by Eric Clapton which was on the album Slowhand. While Hey Joe's most famous version of that is by Jimi Hendrix, released in their debut single.

Anyway I went for Hey Joe. I find it very relaxing and something I can have playing in the backround while I work. Although I reckon I could do the same with Cocaine but I prefer Hey Joe.

Which song do you prefer? 30 votes

Hey Joe
    0% 0 votes
    Cocaine
    100% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭RayCon

I voted Jimi .... never trust a guy in Armani suits singing the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hendrix all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Hey Joe by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hey Joe by a wide margin. It's the first song I ever learned to play on guitar way back in the summer of 1999. Well it was September I think by the time I learned it but whatever, I started playing guitar and at the same time my interest and love of rock music really ignited in the summer of that year. It was also the time at which I purchased Jimi Hendrix's greatest hits, he was a god to me, I was in humble awe of the guitar histrionics of Voodoo child. So purely for fundamental reasons pertaining to the genesis of my love of music and guitar playing in addition to nostalgia and also the fact that it's a pretty damn good song that's also very haunting, I will pick Hey Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hey Joe for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hey Joe for me too. Like the majority of Eric Clapton's popular solo stuff, it's great stuff, but then it gets a bit crap a few minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This could be the most one sided poll yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

They've both got a smooth laid back groove about them, but I think Hey Joe sounds warmer so I'll vote for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Voted for Hey Joe, but i actually love both tunes so it was a slightly closer decision for me than it seemed to be for others going by the posts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

I remember reading that Clapton saw Hendrix play and he was just blow away by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

MetalDog wrote: »
    I remember reading that Clapton saw Hendrix play and he was just blow away by him.

Anyone that saw him were probably blown away by him!

Jimi for me too!

Advertisement