Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about change HDD to SSD!

Options
  • 04-05-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Lads,

I have HP DV6-3150SA with 500GB HDD, so im thinking going change HDD to SSD because i want more performance n faster.

Which is better -> OCZ or Crucial or other?

I prefer below 128GB of SSD and also external HDD 500GB (when remove from laptop).

Brian M

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Get the 128gb Crucial M4, far superior to OCZs current offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

sound, should i upgrade 6gb ram to 8gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's doubtful that you'd notice much difference going from 6GB RAM to 8GB unless you're actually making use the full amount.

Of course RAM is cheap now and if you just have money to throw around for the sake of it or have a place for your present RAM...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

bms15450 wrote: »
    sound, should i upgrade 6gb ram to 8gb?

Unless you need it I wouldn't bother as it won't improve performance unless you are running very memory intensive programs and often use up the full 6gb. Simplest thing is to monitor your peak RAM usage.

I'm still managing away fine on my gaming desktop with 4gb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

sound lads :D, time go shopping for m4 and Enclosure for HDD :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

if you do not use an optical drive much you can get a caddy to put a 2.5" drive into the optical drive position and get a case for the optical drive that way you get the speed of the SSD running windows and then the storage space of the HDD for files..

Advertisement