Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMI Baby announce phased shutdown of routes

Options
  • 04-05-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Important information about bmibaby flights -BMI Baby Website
    From Monday 11th June 2012, a number of routes will no longer operate. Please see table A

· It is proposed that flights departing from Monday 10th September 2012 onwards will not operate and those flights are therefore no longer available to book at this stage, subject to anything that may change during the consultation process.

· We will continue to operate bmibaby flights to the majority of our summer destinations from East Midlands and Birmingham Airports until Sunday 9th September 2012. Please see Table B.

So it seems the BMI Baby Brand will be gone by early September. With Flights to knock and Belfast finishing next month

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

According to TheJournal.ie:
    It (Ireland West Airport) is in negotiations with other airlines to take over the route and hopes to be in a position to announce a replacement carrier ‘within the next few weeks’.

Ryanair seems the obvious choice, but I think it could be Aer Lingus Regional. A couple of months ago Aer Lingus Regional were rumoured to be about to announce Birmingham-Knock for the summer, but then bmi baby increased frequency on the route and they didn't bother. So if there's still a gap in the schedules, they could step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Turbine wrote: »

Ryanair seems the obvious choice, but I think it could be Aer Lingus Regional. A couple of months ago Aer Lingus Regional were rumoured to be about to announce Birmingham-Knock for the summer, but then bmi baby increased frequency on the route and they didn't bother. So if there's still a gap in the schedules, they could step in.

Maybe Flybe, they seem so have a good relationship with Knock and already have a base in Birmingham

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Being reported now on PPRuNe that Aer Lingus Regional are to launch daily Knock-Birmingham flights from June 10th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

A poster on airliners has mentioned that the DUB-BHX EIR rotation has been changed to unbookable from June, 2+2 there suggests that is where the capacity is being found for NOC-BHX.

Turbine wrote: »

It is one of the busier routes out of knock, lots of immigration from these parts to Birmingham in the past. Can see somebody picking up that route fairly quickly.

What i really want to see is one of those Aer Lingus Heathrow slots transferred from SNN to Knock...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

What i really want to see is one of those Aer Lingus Heathrow slots transferred from SNN to Knock...:D

I'd love to see the fall out from that move...

Advertisement