Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

actors agents

Options
  • 04-05-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am just wondering about certain agents, I am applying to most of them here in Ireland but there are a few I am not sure about, can anyone shed some light on whether the following agents are worth applying to: Actors Ireland (I cannot find a website for these)
    Brennan Acting Agency
    First call agency
    Flicks Film and Television Agency
    In good company
    julian Benson
    O'Sullivan The Actors Agency
    P.S Actors Agency
    The Bulb
    Yvette Hally(no website)

Any light on this would be most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciara hughes

if you dont mind could you name a few you did apply to im stuck much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Brennan and First Call are heavier hitters than the others imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hazelbaa

I applied to all of the above agencies.
    What do you mean when you say they are heavy hitters?

They are high profile / well established / their client list contains a good selection of high profile actors (ie they are successful businesses!).

The Co-Ops are pretty strong too, but sometimes harder to get on their books as they usually limit numbers per category of 'type'.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

inisboffin wrote: »
    They are high profile / well established / their client list contains a good selection of high profile actors (ie they are successful businesses!).

The Co-Ops are pretty strong too, but sometimes harder to get on their books as they usually limit numbers per category of 'type'.

Any decent agent will have a soft limit on numbers based on type.

• Advertisement

vard wrote: »
    Any decent agent will have a soft limit on numbers based on type.

You will find that the co-ops generally have quite a few less than the reg agents. Think about the nature of the co-op and it makes sense.

Advertisement