Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I received keys to a different apartment than the one I viewed

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Two weeks ago I visited an apartment up for rent, I was happy with it, so paid the deposit so they would hold the apartment for me.
    When I want today to pay the rent and get the keys, I was told I was In Apartment 8 Room A. I had asked about this, As I recalled being in Room B, and was told I was moved, I was under the impression I was just moved rooms. When I went to the apartment building, I then realised the apartment I viewed and paid my deposit for was on the second floor, whilst the keys were for an apartment on the fourth floor.
    When I returned to the agency they were closed.
    I am hoping to move in Sunday.
    My receipt from my deposit states "Apartment 2" and my receipt for my rent states "Apartment 8". Today was the first I heard about this, and they didnt even notify me I was being Moved apartments.
    Also as I walked in the lady was on the phone to the rent allowance, and told her straight I was in apartment 8 room A. First I heard about it.

I ado not want to move into apartment 8 as its crap compared to apartment 4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

If they showed you an apartment thats obviously the one they should be renting to you not an apartment you had not even seen! Thats bad form and misleading! You'd want to get this sorted ASAP with the lenders and dont take any crap from them tell them you want the apartment you were shown!! in my eyes that would be false advertising as such!!

Advertisement