Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA to JSA

Options
  • 03-05-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows how long the wait is for changing from BTEA to JSA. I finish college this Friday. I went down to my local social welfare office (Dun Laoghaire) today and asked them and they just told me I had to come in on Monday and tell somebody then.

Will I have to be means tested and have to wait around to hear anything for weeks? Nothing has changed since I moved from JSA to BTEA. I still live at home etc.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

It should be pretty straight forward. I think social welfare need a letter from your college stating you have finished the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Any of the years I swapped back from BTEA I've not had to wait. In my experience I've gone in on say Monday to notify them, been paid into the bank that week and collected normally the following week. Hopefully it is the same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭John.

Thanks for the info!

Ill get a letter from the college tomorrow saying ive finished and drop it down on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

i got a letter from the department of social welfare to fill out the form with dates of finishing and returning, and if i require summer work to call into them, which i intend to do next wednesday. i''ll bring in a letter from the college. thing is i was on jsa but should have stamps from 2010 to go on jsb

Advertisement