Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really confused about GAMSAT, help! :(

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Okay so first of all, I'm no genius.. just putting that out there ! I've always liked the idea of studying Medicine in UCD but the point standard is just too high for me. I'm not too proud to admit that getting even 400 points will be a challenge for me! Id say I'm a good enough student, but I'm one of those people who either loves or hates a subject, & there is no in-between! So yeah, I tend to focus almost only on the one's I actually like.. which isn't very bright! :p Oh and I'm only doing one Science.. Biology, only because I figured Medicine was out of the picture for me, anyway.

So I was thinking of just studying Analytical & Forensic Science for 4 years which results in a Level 8 Bachelors Degree, which is needed for Grad Med to begin with. I'm just confused about GAMSAT? I understand that it is an Exam.. but what I don't get is, when should I sit the exam if I'll be studying the above course for 4 years first? I'm just really confused on how it works!

Oh and age wouldn't be a matter, would it? I won't be 17 until September.. yeah, kinda young but I just can't bear the thought of staying another year in my school.. sounds horrible but so true! :(

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icicle2000

Okay so first of all, I'm no genius.. just putting that out there ! I've always liked the idea of studying Medicine in UCD but the point standard is just too high for me. I'm not too proud to admit that getting even 400 points will be a challenge for me! Id say I'm a good enough student, but I'm one of those people who either loves or hates a subject, & there is no in-between! So yeah, I tend to focus almost only on the one's I actually like.. which isn't very bright! :p Oh and I'm only doing one Science.. Biology, only because I figured Medicine was out of the picture for me, anyway.

So I was thinking of just studying Analytical & Forensic Science for 4 years which results in a Level 8 Bachelors Degree, which is needed for Grad Med to begin with. I'm just confused about GAMSAT? I understand that it is an Exam.. but what I don't get is, when should I sit the exam if I'll be studying the above course for 4 years first? I'm just really confused on how it works!

Oh and age wouldn't be a matter, would it? I won't be 17 until September.. yeah, kinda young but I just can't bear the thought of staying another year in my school.. sounds horrible but so true! :(

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks! :)
    If you haven't even done a first degree yet, the GAMSAT is not something you should be worrying about yet at all. Firstly, you need to concentrate on getting a good 2:1 degree. That's a B- average in all of your college modules. The GAMSAT is taken the year before you're thinking of applying for medicine, so probably in 4th year of your Forensic Science degree, or even the year after.

Advertisement