Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red deal supplier

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

well lads
    anyone know where i could get red deal in 240*18mm or am i better off joining 2 smaller bits together?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Red Deal is Scots Pine as opposed to 'White' Deal which is a Spruce of some variety.
    It used to be used more frequently in Ireland as it stood up to the weather better than white but its been replaced by Iroko for this.
    I havn't seen it in any timberyard in years and I somehow doubt if you will get it in 240mm.
    Would you consider Southern Yellow Pine which is available everywhere.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Red deal is available from Morgans timber just off the Naas rd. in Dublin (near Newlands cross). Though they only have 200mm widths in 1" (rough)
    You can get "Pine board" from most DIY outlets, and Chadwicks also stock it.... it's red deal, and is sold in 8'x4' sheets of 18mm, last check it was about €50 a sheet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I haven't seen red deal around for ages either.
    Wood Industries in Rathdrum, Co.Wicklow carry a wide range of KD Douglas Fir, which I think is a much better timber than red deal. It's a bit pinker though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 trihy

slowburner wrote: »
    I haven't seen red deal around for ages either.
    Wood Industries in Rathdrum, Co.Wicklow carry a wide range of KD Douglas Fir, which I think is a much better timber than red deal. It's a bit pinker though.
    thanks for the replies, ill give that douglas fir a go

Advertisement