Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

craft beer roma

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I came across Bir & Fud reccomended on a few websites.

Anyone know of any other places to have a beer in Rome?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ma Che Siete Venuti a Fà (aka The Football Pub), just opposite. Open Baladin. Brasserie 4:20.

Actually, the list on RateBeer is worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are you in Rome at the moment? I was there 2 weeks ago and found a little place selling craft beer. It's just off Via Piave, which is close to Termini. It's on either Via Belisario or Via Raffaele Cadorna

edit!!

It's on Via Sicilia, which you can see on this link if you scroll up slightly.

Map Link

Here's a few pics taken at the time.

An Italian craft brewer called Birra Del Borgo

This is ReAle Extra

DSCN0370.jpg

This is something made in conjunction with Dogfish Head called My Antonia

DSCN0374.jpg

And this is a Belgian one they had on draught called Cuvee des Trolls, it's on the list there, thought the troll glass was a bit funny

DSCN0371.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BeerNut, have you drank any of them?

I was on honeymoon and as we happened upon that small bar selling the craft beers she knew we'd be going there a few times :D

It was just around the corner from the hotel too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Cuvée des Trolles I've had in Belgium. You can get it here. It's OK. The same brewery's Forestinne is much better IMO.

The only Del Borgo beer I've had is DucAle, which is lovely. I've heard My Antonia is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des wrote: »
    BeerNut, have you drank any of them?

I was on honeymoon and as we happened upon that small bar selling the craft beers she knew we'd be going there a few times :D

It was just around the corner from the hotel too.

I didn't get a chance to check back in before I left so I missed this.

I ordered a few boxes of the trolls from the drinkstore last year and they had it on tap in mulligans in stoneybatter a few months ago they only got 6 or so kegs in. the last time i was in, about 3 weeks ago it was gone. IIRC they mentioned to a friend of mine who was with us from lille that they were getting it back in.

I really like it and if you fancy a few bottles I think the drink store is still stocking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement