Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone 4S on 3

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey guys,

I am seriously contemplating getting an iPhone 4S. I saw the €40.66 a month deal on 3. I have two questions:

1. Are 3 a reliable network? (coverage, customer service, value for money etc.)

2. Is 24 month contract too long, and difficult to break out of?

Thanks a mill in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

There is a Three thread that you can use for your research just type it into search section.

I have 4S prepay on Three no complaints from me whatsoever & I'm based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlerose2

I'll have a look so, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

1. Have a look at the [Talk to Three forum] here on boards for other people's experiences and pick up a prepay SIM and check out coverage and then make up your mind.

Some people find Three fine, others a nightmare. Personally, I find (found) them a nightmare, their customer service absolutely dire, by far the worst I've ever dealt with - but that's just my take on it. Whether it'll work for you where you want it to, that's up to you to decide :). For calls and texts coverage, you have the vodafone network to fall back on.

2. A 24-month contract is a 24-month contract.
    If you want to break out at any point, you will need to buy your contract out, which works out at:
    (number of months remaining in your contract) X (monthly rate) so if you wanted to exit 12 months in (so 12 months remaining), you pay (12)x(€40.66)=€487.92.

The deal is very tempting, it is the 24 month contract that is turning me off it, especially after you explained the clauses! I've heard mixed reviews about 3 alright, but I found that Vodafone was very expensive. Maybe their bill pay plan is different.

I will probably shop around all of the networks. I might look at E Mobile, but their customer service was dreadful to a friend of mine... Decisions, decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

All you can do really! Everyone will have a nightmare story to tell for each of the networks.

24-months is a long commitment to make which is why you do really need to check thoroughly beforehand that coverage is good and works to your satisfaction. You can of course break out of a contract penalty free if the service isn't up to scratch (coverage poor, data poor or non-existant, dropped calls etc.) but it's a long and tedious process to do so so best to avoid beforehand if possible.

• Advertisement

I'm reading the forum posts about Three. Not looking too good, some very bad complaints about coverage and customer care... :(

I think I will be shopping around for a while... or wait until the iPhone 5 comes out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Kensington wrote: »
    All you can do really! Everyone will have a nightmare story to tell for each of the networks.

24-months is a long commitment to make which is why you do really need to check thoroughly beforehand that coverage is good and works to your satisfaction. You can of course break out of a contract penalty free if the service isn't up to scratch (coverage poor, data poor or non-existant, dropped calls etc.) but it's a long and tedious process to do so so best to avoid beforehand if possible.

I'm also thinking of going with 3 on an iphone. But my current phone doesn't support 3G. So is it possible for me to check coverage?

Advertisement