Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey pubs

Options
  • 02-05-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Me and my friend are heading into the whiskey festival in the mansion house at the end of the month. We're looking to go to a pub/wine bar that offers a good selection of whiskeys afterwards. Can anybody give us a few tips?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Mulligans Stoneybatter has a massive selection, possible the largest in Ireland but I could be wrong

http://www.lmulligangrocer.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

+1 on Mulligan's. Bowe's Lounge, The Bull & Castle, The Palace and Brooks Hotel all have large collections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Go to Bowe's on Fleet St. It's only a five minute walk and it's a great boozer with a great whiskey selection.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

As far as I know, l mulligans is the only pub that serves whiskey in proper glasses (outside of tastings and disilleries etc). So it really is the only game in town for whiskey drinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Whiskey festival?!!
    Anyone have any details on it? Wouldn't mind heading along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Heroditas wrote: »
    Whiskey festival?!!
    Anyone have any details on it? Wouldn't mind heading along.

http://www.whiskylive.com/ireland/40/dublin-2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

As far as I know, l mulligans is the only pub that serves whiskey in proper glasses (outside of tastings and disilleries etc). So it really is the only game in town for whiskey drinkers

Bowe's uses the same glasses as L Mulligan's. i.e the Glencairn.

I was in Brew Dock and they had these horrible chunky glasses. I still like the place, but it does make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

The Temple Bar has a very large selection. The Porter House not bad either, but they're in Temple bar.

The Vat House, also in the same area.

Like everyone's saying, Bowe's or Brooke's Hotel would be closest.

L Mulligan is supposed to be very good too, but further away.

You'll probably have your fill of whisky anyway if you go to the festival...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Can't go wrong with Mulligans,great spot. Get the 39 or 39A bus after the show.

I went to The Temple Bar recently ready to try a few I'd chosen from their list(on their website). I got short,surly service at best,didn't get any I wanted,was just grunted at when we asked for them,and ended up paying about 50% more than price on their list for the one I did have before we left in disgust. Won't be hurrying back,a shame really,as they have some crackers on their list. They were too interested in handing over rounds of Jamesons to the tourists at extortionate prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement