Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singer/frontman wanted for punkrock band in Dublin

Options
  • 02-05-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Myself and a couple of musicians are in the process of starting a punkrock band, heavily influenced by the Ramones. THIS WILL NOT BE A RAMONES TRIBUTE BAND. We have our first jam tonight, and although I will sing at this jam, I would rather get a dedicated singer/frontpersn onboard for the future. As I play bass/guitar, I know that you can never really commit fully to both singing and playing, one always seems to give way to the other and I prefer to play bass/guitar.

The ability to sing in key is an absolute necessity, something that I lack, ha. You don't have to be Marvin Gaye, but you should be able to belt out a few tunes, loudly and with attitude. Ideally looking for someone likeable, with a sense of humour, a good-with-the-crowd type of person is what I'm saying. Absolutely, cannot be too shy, engaging with the audience is a must. Looking specifically for a singer, not musicians, as I'm after someone who sings to the crowd, not to their guitar. If you want to play guitar on instrumental songs, that's fine by me.

Also, this is a fully collaborative project, with shared songwriting, so that means, don't apply if you have three hundred already written and ready to record songs, unless of course you don't mind them being subject to alteration, criticism and maybe even ignored, however, if you have your own lyrics and can write creatively, then by all means bring them and they may be used, as long as they aren't completely sh*te.

Cheers
    Al

Comments

Advertisement