Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait... what?! Motorola wins Windows 7 ban in Germany

Options
  • 02-05-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17924190
    The sales ban covers the Xbox 360 games console, Windows 7 system software, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.

Is it just me or is this huge?

If I am reading this correctly (Please correct me if I am wrong) this ban could expand to Europe (The U.S. have put this on hold pending investigation) and then you can't buy Win7 in its current form.

So either Microsoft push ahead with 8 or, more likely, release an update which removed the H.264 codec from Windows and other programs

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Given the widespread use of H.264 I'd imagine FRAND restrictions will prevent Motorola from actually managing to enforce this.

Advertisement