Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Ford Focus Replacement Key

Options
  • 02-05-2012 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering could some of you guys help me with something. I recently bought a Foucs from the Uk, and negotiated an extra 200 of it because it was missing a spare key, so it was up to me to buy the extra for it when I came home.

So i have the original central locking flip key, and I also have the key code. I also know that if I go to a main Ford dealer to buy a spare key they will be seeing euro signs hover over my head.

One of my mates said I can buy the uncut key online, at ebay, and then get a key cutter to cut the key, then all I have to get the Ford dealer to do is program it....

Have any of ye any experience of this? Is it a awkward procedure?
    Should i just suck it up and go in to get the main dealer to to do the whole lot all together?

Any help appreciated

Regards,

CZ

Advertisement