Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arena Fight Promotions Cage Gods 1

Options
  • 02-05-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Does anyone know much about this or who is running it?

John Redmond vs Henry Fadipe headlining

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The arena Wexford Mma guys are running it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Thanks Paul, night after cage warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cagedude

Is it true that the Fadipe v Redmond fight is for a title???

cagedude wrote: »
    Is it true that the Fadipe v Redmond fight is for a title???
    Yep from what i hear. Too many titles about if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Cage Gods.

****ing awesome.

So much better that Warriors, or any use of the words Extreme or Ultimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Cage Gods.

****ing awesome.

So much better that Warriors, or any use of the words Extreme or Ultimate.
    They should have stuck in a Z or an Xtreme alright like "Xtreme Cage Godz":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭sonic85

anybody have any details about this show? venue where to get tickets etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Most if not all the answers are on the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arena-Fight-Promotions/399803906715320?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Are any Kokoro lads on this show?

Fadipe lost again last night and redmond has lost a few recently. Thats why i dont agree with so many titles it devalues them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

liverbear wrote: »
    Fadipe lost again last night and redmond has lost a few recently. Thats why i dont agree with so many titles it devalues them.

I agree with you and I don't think a first time promotion should be offering up titles but...

why not just vote with your feet if it bothers you? It's likely to be a good fight (assuming Henry is ok after he couldn't come off the stool for the final round last night) and it's not like the South East has a plethora of shows. So you've 2 options, say that title is meaningless and refuse to buy a ticket, or go watch the fight and enjoy but ultimately know that the title is meaningless!

I don't think anyone who wins the next World National Intergalactic Amateur Junior Open Hand Strikes Only Hero Of The Cage Title is thinking to themselves, "you know what, after my 18 months in this sport, I am now the greatest in the world". They're as aware of how valuable the title is as you in the audience is.

I will be doing the 2nd. Great to have a show in the south east. Tuff nut had events in whites in wexford and the waterford lads in W.I.T. previously.

I suppose each promotion needs something to help promote them and having their own titles may be the only way to do that.

It is just I would feel embarrased saying I am a champ knowing in my own heart that there are only 1 or 2 worth holding. Anyway I don't want to knock the guys and I don't forget the excitment going to see Redmond vs JMS so it is great that the guys could get John for their first event. Hopefully they can increase their members as I have heard they run a great club and that the event all goes well.

Should be a great weekend. CW then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

same here. I'm all for seeing the rematch. But john coming off 4 losses and Henry off 3 granted he was robbed against cooke from what i heard. I think enough people wanna see the rematch without putting a title on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

liverbear wrote: »

I suppose each promotion needs something to help promote them and having their own titles may be the only way to do that.

When it comes down to its basic understanding, "Titles" on any show are another tool in the marketers toolbox, it's that simple; to create a 'buzz' around the event so when someone sees it (or the fighter announces it to his social circle) they might say " o my god its for a title, wow" and be more enticed to buy a ticket. :-)

From the standpoint of a fighter i suppose it should really mean that it represents the best in class out of x amount of shows and fighters etc. So having it on an events debut show may not be the best idea (depending on how you look at it) but hey, each to there own.

All the best to Karl and co. on the show by the way

Also good luck to the venue hosting their first show. The venue is part of a group that employs disabled people and helps with their development.

This is on today any card?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Title is pretty meaningless if they cant beat any of the other middleweights around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thats our moderator Cowzerp on the pad's with John Redmond (Rush Fight Academy).. I'm sure both Henry and John are ready for a war tonight.

Niall0 wrote: »

Bloody stream keeps breaking down :mad:

• Advertisement

Bloody stream keeps breaking down :mad:
    Working fine for me :confused:

Niall0 wrote: »
    Working fine for me :confused:

I switched computers and its grand now :)

Thanks for the link.

And I'm suppose to be out jogging working up a thirst for tonight too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

They were calling Grant Carroll , Grant Taylor for most of that match. Still appreciate the stream! Nice armbar by Grant.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    They were calling Grant Carroll , Grant Taylor for most of that match. Still appreciate the stream! Nice armbar by Grant.

I was wondering about the lads name too.. Nice bit of grappling to take the win.

Wow! That was some KO by Aslan.. And walks casually away :cool:

Fair play he timed it perfectly, looking forward to seeing him again.

Barry doesn't know the microphone is open during this break :p

Fadipe looked much better than his last fight, won by RNC in the first round

Too bad John :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Highlight cut of the night here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEISf0aCXpE

Advertisement