Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 4GB Console - €165.44 Argos

Options
  • 02-05-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Linky!

The base model is creeping towards the €150 mark! Good price though - almost exactly the same as what it is on Amazon, and it's in stock everywhere (linky).

It's only the 4GB model, but it would suit anyone who is upgrading from the old model xbox and who doesn't mind opening their old hard drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

ten euro voucher when you spend over 75 in argos now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i was in there yesterday and got no voucher

it started today spend fifty get a fiver voucher spend seventy five and get a tenner, its on the homepage, lots of special offers on the site half price bbq's ect

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

The 250 GB model is 206 euro in argos aswell

thats a good price for the 250 gig 250 yoyo in most places
    amazon are 216.77 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

the 250gb one is €187 in Harvey Norman in Blanchardstown at the moment. not sure about every other Harvey Norman though

249 on the harvey norman website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I ordered a 250gb one on Monday from Zavvi. 187 euro. Something like 1.19 delivery. I used the discount code CONSOLE which took 4.95 off. The total price came to 183 odd euro. It should be Ireland tomorrow going by the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

249 on the harvey norman website

Maybe the deal ended over the weekend....I was in there on Saturday with my friend and he bought it at that price

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

I'd hold off getting one, apparently Microsoft are to announce a new $99/€75 Xbox 360 + Kinect bundle next week.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/05/02/microsoft-xbox-kinect-bundle/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

If you use the 20% off code 23f4b and order through littlewoods, you can get the 4gb unit with FIFA 2012 for €167.20 delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I ordered a 250gb one on Monday from Zavvi. 187 euro. Something like 1.19 delivery. I used the discount code CONSOLE which took 4.95 off. The total price came to 183 odd euro. It should be Ireland tomorrow going by the tracking.

Hope that you don't get caught for vat at the border! Zavvi send there stuff from the channel islands which arent in the EU tax system. you could end up owing another 30-40 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Limericks wrote: »
    Hope that you don't get caught for vat at the border! Zavvi send there stuff from the channel islands which arent in the EU tax system. you could end up owing another 30-40 euro!

On their website (the FAQ section?), they say that they'll pay the custom charges, but dunno about the VAT..can anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Turbine wrote: »
    I'd hold off getting one, apparently Microsoft are to announce a new $99/€75 Xbox 360 + Kinect bundle next week.

with a 2 year $15 a month sub :eek: No thanks. i wonder if their next gen console is coming in a tad expensive and they are looking at high end phone price models, with subsidized upfront cost with a lengthy contract :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Turbine wrote: »

It's pretty important to state that it's not just $99 - it's $99 + $15 a month for two years (which works out at $459 total which is roughly €350). The $15 a month also gives you access to Xbox Live Gold, a two-year warranty and possibly some streaming content. If you buy a 4GB console today @ €165, two years on live can be had for €35 a year (the upper limit of what it has cost me the past few years), which gives a grand total of €235. No kinect (personally I haven't seen anything from kinect that would make me want to buy it at all, impressive tech it may be but proper gaming it isn't), no extended warranty (I think it's a joke that Microsoft have the nerve to charge for warranty extensions given the rate of failure of the slim's bigger brother and anyway, most of the RROD's I've come across happened more that 2 years down the line so I'd be willing to take my chances) and no streaming services (if Netflix was included then that could redeem that cost difference, but I'd rather my no contract with Netflix than be tied to Microsoft for 2 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

quick question: can i put my 60 gb hdd from my old xbox into this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

4real wrote: »
    quick question: can i put my 60 gb hdd from my old xbox into this one?
    You can, but you'll need one of these:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HARD-DISK-DRIVE-HDD-CASE-SHELL-XBOX-360-SLIM-/270713909440?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item3f07ce70c0
    Then you need to open the old case of your 60GB one and remove the drive from that. It's easy, but you'll need those star shaped screw drivers for the screws. You'll also have to peel away the warranty sticker on the old enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Its only €145 delivered on amazon at the moment..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UTUBQG/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Limericks wrote: »

Didn't think they shipped electronics from the Channel Islands. Thought that was just dvd, cd's and games. The origin warehouse for it seemed to be in England. Anyways I wasn't hit with anything.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Its only €145 delivered on amazon at the moment..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UTUBQG/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

That's after coming down in the past day or two so. Great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

€169 in HMV on Grafton Street the other week,or €179 with Fifa Street or two other games that I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

250GB Xbox plus Forza 4 and a choice of Mass Effect 3, SSX and Fifa Street is €229 in HMV at the moment, really really good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

187 in Harvey Norman for 250gb, ended on website but will honour if asked in store, they will also do 250 for 250gb plus extra controller and 2 new games of your choice...some good deals around at minute on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Kinikie wrote: »
    187 in Harvey Norman for 250gb, ended on website but will honour if asked in store, they will also do 250 for 250gb plus extra controller and 2 new games of your choice...some good deals around at minute on xbox

Nice. I got a new 40" TV and my old non HDMI xbox looks crap on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just buy an Xbox component cable, and you'll have glorious FullHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Kinikie wrote: »
    Just wondering where you got your info on Harvey Norman honouring price in store?? Am tempted to go but was just wondering will they tell me not a hope of that price when I get there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

interesting, never knew you could put the hd from the old xbox into the new one but do you lose your data? i have a 120gb hd on my current old xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Soarer wrote: »
    Just buy an Xbox component cable, and you'll have glorious FullHD.

Already have one but the TV doesn't support it. Any other options for going HD in that case?

Already have one but the TV doesn't support it. Any other options for going HD in that case?

Your TV has hdmi but no component? Weird. You can use VGA but you'll have to buy the Xbox to VGA cable and you'd need a 3.5" cable for sound.

• Advertisement
Advertisement