Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Mistake - Need help fast!

Options
  • 02-05-2012 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey,
    I received a letter from the CAO people today, explaining that I had made a mistake on the exam number of one of my previous exams. The form says to amend upon arrival, but it also says not to write on the sheet and to fill out the included form. The included form doesn't seem to have a box to input past exam numbers though! I have sat 2 leaving certs in the past, but I've never ran into this problem. Is it possible to change your past exam number details online after the 6th or do I have to mail this form?? I've tried contacting the CAO office for the last hour but they're engaged!

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I would keep trying to ring them and send them an email at the same time with your questions. The closing date was yesterday so I'd say they're busy on the phone. Fill out whatever is on the form anyway. Is it your exam number from a previous LC that you put in wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

First of all, I wouldn't panic. Late applications closed yesterday but you have already got your application in so you don't need to worry about that date. You can send exam numbers, school leaving results etc in for another while yet. Have you seen the FAQ's on the site? If your question isn't answered there I would email them. Don't be worrying, they're just letting you know that they need your exam number so they can post your results up with your application for the colleges you have applied to and sure the offers wont be issued until August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

All the best to you p1r0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

Hi.. please help me
    did they send you a letter telling you that you wrote a wrong exam number on your exams???

because i'm reallly worried that I wrote the wrong exam number on a few of my exams.. i dont know what to do, please help!!! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi.. please help me
    did they send you a letter telling you that you wrote a wrong exam number on your exams???

because i'm reallly worried that I wrote the wrong exam number on a few of my exams.. i dont know what to do, please help!!! :(

If you wrote the wrong number on your exams, it's nothing to do with the CAO. The corrector of your centre will presumably find two papers with the same number, or one number that does not belong in your centre and report it to their supervisor.

Was your number not on a sticker on your desk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

But the CAO has nothing to do with the SEC. They have no direct involvement in the exams.. the CAO is just the place that you can apply to for University and IT courses

Advertisement