Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithium-Ferrite batteries

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone use these ? or have opinions on them?
    http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_li-fe.html

I've mostly used 9.6v Nimh batteries in my guns when using them,
    I've never tried Li-po's and was about to purchase to try them when
    I spotted Li-Fe section and thought mmmm maybe get one or two of these
    instead.

I've heard a 7.4 Li-po performs similar to a good 9.6v battery with regards
    to comparable rate of fire.

Wondering what the 9.9v Li-Fe would do to a stock airsoft gun
    and how it would compare to a Nimh used in the same gun.

was thinking that it may increase the ROF and cause issues where you may need to add one of those little delay plates/bits on the sector gear.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Hey Bullets,

Yeah i got one of them for R & D , I'll call over to ya and show ya the results.

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Never used one myself, but would be very interested in any info on them.

How did they perform, compared too lipos or nimh?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I ordered my own a bit back so have one in the post,
    crazy busy at the moment with some non-airsoft related things but will check it out over the next few weeks
    and post any feedback.

Might take an old dusty G36 and do up the insides and try it with that or redo my sacrificial lamb of a doyboys M4 that
    I usually mess with and wont care about if anything goes wrong. Planning on gutting something and rebuilding at some stage.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

What I understand from them, in a nutshell is that, they last longer,can supply more current more stably for longer without S***ing themselves. Simply put, they put through a bit more energy than LiPo but is a lot more stable... They don't readily catch fire when charging! They have a larger cell voltage too, so they should charge more quickly. They can cope with more cycles too, the iron in the cathode is more stable and doesn't deteriorate or gas excessively like Lipos do.

They're Lipo's 2.0! The only thing holding them back from going into every electronic device now is that lipo's are cheaper to build, despite the fact that they're more damaging to the environment.

Bit of a rant there, but I like my electronics.

Advertisement