Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating element interchangable?

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice please, would the heating elements in tumble dryers be interchangable?

I stripped the motor & element from my last dryer which was a 7kg BEKO, if i buy another dryer, in this case a hotpoint, would i be able to use the element on that?

I know it mmight not just sit directly into the slots on the dryer but with a little mmodification & fixing should i be bale to plug it straight in?

I am thinking a 7kg dryer element would be all standard elements in regards to watts, what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Hi,

I am thinking a 7kg dryer element would be all standard elements in regards to watts, what?

Wrong!

Very little is interchangable unless manufactured under the same banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Hi,

Looking for some advice please, would the heating elements in tumble dryers be interchangable?

I stripped the motor & element from my last dryer which was a 7kg BEKO, if i buy another dryer, in this case a hotpoint, would i be able to use the element on that?

I know it mmight not just sit directly into the slots on the dryer but with a little mmodification & fixing should i be bale to plug it straight in?

Highly unlikely bud. i wouldnt even chance it to be honest. Probably blow the timer/module anyway. Hotpoint spares are interchangable with Indesit but only on specific appliances models.
    Hotpoint and Beko(made in Turkey) a no-no for me;)

Advertisement