Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate V2 gearbox

Options
  • 01-05-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

So I won an Ultimate V2 from Team ASG's facebook page, stunning gearbox oozes quality, teamed it with a Gaurder revolution high speed motor and a nunchuck 9.6 1600, absolute beast, but it was having a hard time feeding, so I had to open her up and stick in a sector chip, strange they dont do this in the factory, anyway this is one of the nicest gearboxes I have ever worked on!

I have a couple of videos up about it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxarc0SnLFg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Drop me a subscription if you like!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

SOCOM wrote: »
    So I won an Ultimate V2 from Team ASG's facebook page, stunning gearbox oozes quality, teamed it with a Gaurder revolution high speed motor and a nunchuck 9.6 1600, absolute beast, but it was having a hard time feeding, so I had to open her up and stick in a sector chip, strange they dont do this in the factory, anyway this is one of the nicest gearboxes I have ever worked on!

I have a couple of videos up about it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxarc0SnLFg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Drop me a subscription if you like!

aargh that was you that won it :P i was in the run for that haha, are they worth the money if you were to buy one. having one for free would you pay 160 euro or whatever they are for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

T4RGET wrote: »
    aargh that was you that won it :P i was in the run for that haha, are they worth the money if you were to buy one. having one for free would you pay 160 euro or whatever they are for it?

Lol!! Being honest I would shell out the cash for one, as soon as you pick it up you realise its special!! My only annoyance would be the lack of sector gear and the torx screws feel a little soft if you get me, apart from that the shimming and greasing is spot on, runs real smooth! Keep an eye out for part three as I'm gonna do a chrono and rof test , with both the gaurder and X-high Tech budget turbo motor (€16 ebairsoft!)
    Regards

Lol!! Being honest I would shell out the cash for one, as soon as you pick it up you realise its special!! My only annoyance would be the lack of sector gear and the torx screws feel a little soft if you get me, apart from that the shimming and greasing is spot on, runs real smooth! Keep an eye out for part three as I'm gonna do a chrono and rof test , with both the gaurder and X-high Tech budget turbo motor (€16 ebairsoft!)
    Regards

what do mean lack of sector gear? is it missing :confused: ... also fromt he pictures on the retailers website, the wiring looks very short, is this the way it is in reality?

THE RAT of FIRE !!!! my god, the videos weren't loading up earlier, are now though so checked them out, my god. I'll be curious to see how it fires after a tbb and new hop up set up as it's a M100 spring set up

what do mean lack of sector gear? is it missing :confused: ... also fromt he pictures on the retailers website, the wiring looks very short, is this the way it is in reality?

THE RAT of FIRE !!!! my god, the videos weren't loading up earlier, are now though so checked them out, my god. I'll be curious to see how it fires after a tbb and new hop up set up as it's a M100 spring set up

Well when I teamed it with the gaurder motor it just would not feed consistently. So I had to install a sector chip, I assumed it would have been preinstalled as who would hook this up to a stock motor? And yes the rear wiring is very short, but a simple fix! Looking forward to sticking in the budget turbo motor as I hear it'll run rings around the gaurder! Stay tuned!
    P.s. already has a tightbore, madbull blue and metal hop installed

Well when I teamed it with the gaurder motor it just would not feed consistently. So I had to install a sector chip, I assumed it would have been preinstalled as who would hook this up to a stock motor? And yes the rear wiring is very short, but a simple fix! Looking forward to sticking in the budget turbo motor as I hear it'll run rings around the gaurder! Stay tuned!

I'll definitely check out the part 3 of the review :) very strange considering they're more or less built for Ulitimates motor, a bit pricey i tihnk but still

• Advertisement

I'll definitely check out the part 3 of the review :) very strange considering they're more or less built for Ulitimates motor, a bit pricey i tihnk but still

Part 3 is now posted here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OTOz_5B9ng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

290 rpm :p :rolleyes: 30 is very high, say ASG were happy with you shooting up one of their boxes :p

Advertisement