Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

j&g m16a1 outer barrel and rail change help

Options
  • 01-05-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

hi

i am looking to change the role of my m16a1 to a sniper type set up
    its the long version in the pic below

mainly what i need help on is how do i go about or what do i need to shorten the outer barrel and to also lose the front iron sight

at the moment if the front iron sight is removed i lose the ring that holds the two piece rails in place . i dont mind the length of the rails as are but i want to get a shorter outer barrel , get rid of the front sight and attach a silencer with the existing 509mm barrel passing through the silencer
    and is there a way of using existing 2 piece rails or do i need a new set

any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JFAirsofter

to do all that theres a bunch of things you'll have to do. to keep the current rails you'd need to buy a new shorter barrel, silencer obviously and a new gas block or front triangle sight that folds done flat. most of these these you will not find in ireland, however you could get a free float rail system, that has no contact with the outer barrel, you need a new outer barrel and silencer. this way you eliminate the front sight and or gas block. either way would work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

eddiejn wrote: »
    hi

i am looking to change the role of my m16a1 to a sniper type set up
    its the long version in the pic below

mainly what i need help on is how do i go about or what do i need to shorten the outer barrel and to also lose the front iron sight

at the moment if the front iron sight is removed i lose the ring that holds the two piece rails in place . i dont mind the length of the rails as are but i want to get a shorter outer barrel , get rid of the front sight and attach a silencer with the existing 509mm barrel passing through the silencer
    and is there a way of using existing 2 piece rails or do i need a new set

any help appreciated

to go to a sniper role you'll probably need a scope and then a bi pod (optional)
    now the front sight is a funny one, the metal ring behind it, like you mentioned keepts the rails on, so you'll need one of these
    http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=407_413_420&products_id=3518 this will change the rifle to a free float set up, does not need to be attached at the front, only at the back (you'll need a special tool but you may have gotten one witht he AEG.
    now can i ask why you're looking to reduce the barrel lenght for a sniper role?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

T4RGET wrote: »
    now can i ask why you're looking to reduce the barrel lenght for a sniper role?

He wants to keep the same inner barrel length but reduce the outer barrel length to accommodate a suppressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    He wants to keep the same inner barrel length but reduce the outer barrel length to accommodate a suppressor.

oh sorry, must have mis read that, well then would i would do is get an M4 outter barrel get the rails i linked there and then get a suppressor, now this may sound a bit weird but what this will do is have the end off the outer barrel inside the rail system so that when you place a suppressor on the outer barrel it will actually start int he rails and come out of the rail system, it should look pretty cool

Advertisement