Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valérian and Laureline

Options
  • 01-05-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

For the older crowd, maybe someone remembers Valérian and Laureline?
    I got hold of some of these comics and just could not let go, spent a long time collecting them all (at least I think I got them all). All stowed away in some box somewhere now.

Quality sci-fi from olden days.

01078cb.jpg

a78c3c2.jpg

and certain things have made it to the cinema lol
    ac32495.jpg

0501aa0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

I know Carl Barks' Scrooge McDuck comics influenced the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark but this is new to me so I'll check it out. Need more variety in my "ninth art" collection anyway. ;)

Should really just grab a selection of what Cinebook's publishing and see what I stick with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lambourne

Too bad all the comics aren't translated into Engish, but I guess it's as good a reason as any to learn French.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

biko wrote: »
    For the older crowd, maybe someone remembers Valérian and Laureline?
    I got hold of some of these comics and just could not let go, spent a long time collecting them all (at least I think I got them all). All stowed away in some box somewhere now.

Quality sci-fi from olden days.

01078cb.jpg

a78c3c2.jpg

I got the Ambassador of the Shadows and Heroes of the Equinox volumes in Forbidden Planet in the early nineties and they are gorgeous books.

Luckily Cinebooks picked up the english language rights a couple of years ago and have translated several books already. I picked up the first, The City of Shifting Waters last christmas and intend to pick up as many of these volumes as Cinebooks intend to publish :D

Advertisement