Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn Live at Amsterdam with strange messages.

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Was never a great fan of Korn or (J Devil) Jonathan Davis but came across this track purely by accident.

Have a good listen to the first 3.5 minutes in this track. Very interesting and strange subliminal message that may be worth bearing in mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

It seems like you have seriously misunderstood the meaning of the term "subliminal"...

I remember this from Dublin. Jon probably just used the clip to poke fun at the insane religious right in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    It seems like you have seriously misunderstood the meaning of the term "subliminal"...

I remember this from Dublin. Jon probably just used the clip to poke fun at the insane religious right in America.

No, I know what it means, a phenomena usually associated with backmasking or backward masking which was common in the 70's.

Did he play the same stuff in Dublin?

I was scanning the net looking for information on the subject as I am into CT and this jumped up.

No, I know what it means, a phenomena usually associated with backmasking or backward masking which was common in the 70's.

Did he play the same stuff in Dublin?

I was scanning the net looking for information on the subject as I am into CT and this jumped up.

Not really, I'm afraid. Successful subliminal messaging has been pretty much confined to short visual presentations, but even then the methodology is a bit suspect. Backmasking is too complicated to have much of an effect on anyone.

This, on the other hand, is very much superliminal. I found the whole segment laughable (and I believe it was supposed to be tongue in cheek). I can't remember exactly but considering the rigidity of Korn's setlist I can't imagine J Devil has been changing what he plays on the tour. I'm a big fan of electronica but I wasn't too impressed with his material.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,896 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lol
    funny

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Not really, I'm afraid. Successful subliminal messaging has been pretty much confined to short visual presentations, but even then the methodology is a bit suspect. Backmasking is too complicated to have much of an effect on anyone.

This, on the other hand, is very much superliminal. I found the whole segment laughable (and I believe it was supposed to be tongue in cheek). I can't remember exactly but considering the rigidity of Korn's setlist I can't imagine J Devil has been changing what he plays on the tour. I'm a big fan of electronica but I wasn't too impressed with his material.
    It is beginning to make sense, the FX's were good, would probably class it more electronic than metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That's about as worth bearing in mind as a particularly weak fart.

would probably class it more electronic than metal.

No doubt about that, J Devil is most definitely electronica/dubstep.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

lol thats so crass its funny

sydthebeat wrote: »
    lol thats so crass its funny
    Crass but there may be some truth behind it. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i assume your tongue is firmly in your cheek there ...

if not... *gulp*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Crass but there may be some truth behind it. :)
    Someone doesn't like Obama, it seems. Bush, Regan, and anyone else who could hold a presence had the same effect on a crowd of people.

But Bush and Regan are white, so you won't get as many loonies hating them.

the_syco wrote: »
    Someone doesn't like Obama, it seems. Bush, Regan, and anyone else who could hold a presence had the same effect on a crowd of people.

But Bush and Regan are white, so you won't get as many loonies hating them.
    I often wonder was Bush deliberately put in power to piss off the country so that they could pave the way for a super hero like Obama.

One thing I can say about music, is that its a far better and discrete medium for passing on messages and voicing opinion than blogging. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

*cringe*

Advertisement