Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting course, full/part-time in Dublin, advice please?

Options
  • 01-05-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hey, im a student on first year of accounting, i live in Dublin and well im only 18, live with my parents and pretty much hate how broke i am all the time, and so i got this idea of doing some short training in my degree on top of what i do so i can get a part time job and the knowledge wont go to waste either.

Now the problem is, what possibilities are out there for me? I really need advice, i seem to see a lot of positions for assistant accountants and i even found a course on foundations on accounting and book-keeping on pitmans training courses but then i read on forums that the fee's are crazy high! As i said i'm broke i can hardly afford 2-3 thousand euro on a course....

Are there any cheaper alternatives or funding for such things? or any way to get some training/experience that would lead me to the position?

Advertisement