Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help, how do you manage with new hospital rules

Options
  • 01-05-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

hi, hope this the right place to ask about the smoking rules in W.R.H, I'm due in there in couple of weeks, and am really freaked out about not been able to smoke on grounds, I'm a 40a day smoker,and have been for many years, anyone know how to get around it? or how did anyone else manage when in there? As fellow smokers i know you'll understand I'm more stressed about that then anything else. Any ideas will be appreciate,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I'd recommend getting some nicotine gum or lozenges, or some snuff, just to keep withdrawal at bay. Otherwise you may have to chance your arm and have a cheeky smoke outside the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

thanks, never tried them, be in there for 3/4 days, i'll get them and give em a go . and check how far it is pass the blue line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, Would you consider buying a cheapish e- cig vaping device for the few days?
    I have found e-cigs great in the short term (few days like), pity they never have seemed to 'hold their strenght' much past a fortnight.
    I have tried a few brands - bought online & in the chemists, you can get a starter pack which would do for your stay and they are also handy for travel or even the pub- (be prepared to get told to 'put out the cigarette please!' )
    There is a forum on e-cigs and vaping, maybe ask there, personally i find the mints/ gum etc to not really do it for me... (and i smoke a small pouch 12.5g of amber leaf a day)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

thank you very much Zef, have tried the gum, but did not like it, have never seen the e-cig, but will look at other forum, ( as i light one up writing this:) ) it sound great and only need it for few days, feeling much happier about it now, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

If your able to got outside just walk around a bit and you'll be grand as long as you're not near the doors or main entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd say try the inhaler, i thought that was great, it would het yoi throught the night, plus it geels more like the 'pull' off a cig.

Advertisement