Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Ferries

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I am planning a cycle tour of Donegal but finding it difficult to get up to date info on ferries.

Could anyone please give me a heads up on the present status of the Rathmullan - Buncrana ferry and the Greencastle - Magilligan ferry.

Thank you in anticipation.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Rathmullen -> Buncrana here

their main page is getting updated (thankfully) but their facebook page is kinda updated but from what i hear its not running till June.

After a bit of looking i seen this
    Details of the service from Rathmullan to Buncrana will be worked out in the coming weeks. It is expected that the service will operate from June until the end of August or early September.

greencastle one seems to have a facebook here and it seems to be running anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Thank you very much for that information Dannie. You have saved my legs a few miles. ;)

Much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Thank you very much for that information Dannie. You have saved my legs a few miles. ;)

Much appreciated !

you could always cycle across...

2505_02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

danniemcq wrote: »

you could always cycle across...

And who needs ferries... if I could hold my breath for long enough...

museum5.jpg

;)

Advertisement