Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BDPS185B

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Man, I have the Sony bdp s185.
    Useless thing altogether.
    Far from turns your TV into a smart TV.
    It doesn't have netflix. In fact, it has the crappy filtered down version of youtube and some other useless junk like some tch slot with videos that are a few years old.
    Sky news also have an app on it that does a loop every 15 minutes.
    I think it is something to do with irish IP addresses.

Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Man, I have the Sony bdp s185.
    Useless thing altogether.
    Far from turns your TV into a smart TV.
    It doesn't have netflix. In fact, it has the crappy filtered down version of youtube and some other useless junk like some tch slot with videos that are a few years old.
    Sky news also have an app on it that does a loop every 15 minutes.
    I think it is something to do with irish IP addresses.

Irish

I'd read the reviews alright about internet access. I also have a 2011 Panasonic TV which is also supposed to be smart but even the youtube app on it is filtered.

TBH I'm not buying this machine for anything internet - just buying it as an entry level Blu-Ray which from all the reviews I could find online say it does a great job at. Being able to play some additional media via USB is an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ah right, fair enough. I haven't put a bluray into it yet, just the childs dvds.
    I thought I would get serious internet action out of it, broswer and all but nothing. Useless crap.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Got one too. Have no idea why you expected a browser and Netflix. It doesn't say it has those in the specification so you bought the wrong device. You should have bought the BDP-S390.

It's not useless crap if it does everything it says it should do in the specification well.

Advertisement