Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a teapot

Options
  • 30-04-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I am in the market for a teapot - an everyday, will use several times a day, decent pot.
    Had a beloved one that got broken, tall with a spout at the bottom, more like a coffee pot really but poured like a dream.

We tend to use teabags, but might go back to leaftea for the right pot.
    must, must, must pour properly - no leaks or spills.
    Must keep tea warm for awhile - i am a second cupper
    Must be durable - lots of use and small children
    So who has a good one?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Due to a broken lid I'm back in the market for a new one myself. I prefer ceramic teapots, - no particular reason... maybe the stainless steel ones are a bit "industrial". TK Maxx, Debenhams probably Arnotts would be good to check out. Get a tea cosy as well for that 2nd cup!

Always use good loose tea and get a decent strainer - no comparison with those bags of floor sweepings people mistakenly buy as tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Have been using one of these for the last few years. No complaints. Holds the heat well.

snollup wrote: »
    Have been using one of these for the last few years. No complaints. Holds the heat well.

Oh that is nice.... where's me visa?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭arabica69

Kas Ali from Waterloo Tea recommended the Stump Teapot for loose tea at the last Tamper Tantrum.

Bailie's Coffee has one size for available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

thanks everyone, great suggestions, think i'll have a look in kildare village for the la creuset grand one.

oh i found a dreamy one - thankfully it is in the states or i might be tempted
    http://saengerporcelain.com/work/?id=g1r3c3a.html

• Advertisement

lynski wrote: »
    think i'll have a look in kildare village for the la creuset grand one.

Was thinking this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Was thinking this too.

they have had them recently in tkmax I can't remember exactly how much it was tho.

ntlbell wrote: »
    they have had them recently in tkmax I can't remember exactly how much it was tho.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Which one?

Good point sorry.

The most recent one I saw was in Blanchardstown. But I think the majority of them carry a lot of the same stock.

Maybe give your nearest one a bell.

ntlbell wrote: »

Maybe give your nearest one a bell.

and try to communicate with a random member of staff? God no. I might drop into St Stephen's Green or Carrickmines if I'm near. Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

would these be just as good for loose green tea from somewhere like the tea gardens or wall & keogh?

TTWNF wrote: »
    would these be just as good for loose green tea from somewhere like the tea gardens or wall & keogh?

Yeah, exact same principle.

thanks everyone, great suggestions, think i'll have a look in kildare village for the la creuset grand one.

Got one there yesterday, not cheap.... €38 plus VAT. It is a fantastic teapot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

€38 PLUS VAT? wow in the outlet shop?
    it is 33 online, full price.

€38 PLUS VAT? wow in the outlet shop?
    it is 33 online, full price.

You can even get it cheaper online. Still, I was there and it's the biz. The "classic" round one is going for €19.99 or thereabouts. Same capacity. I just liked the shape of the "grand" one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

I picked up the classic in TK max this week for 12.00e

Advertisement