Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sc2 Lan at Dublin eSports Event

• 30-04-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

HI Everyone

I am pleased to announce the StarCraft 2 event at the Dublin eSports event this summer. The venue is Ballyfermot College of further education. The date is 13th august 2012.

Event will start at 9am and run for the entire day.

Please note this is a turn up and play tournament. Computers will be supplied and the spec with other information can be found on the event website at www.dublinesportsevent.com

The tournament will be a 1v1 but I would like to play a 2v2 competition if it can be arranged and we have the time. I also have the opportunity to maybe extend the event to Friday if the StarCraft tournament wasn’t finished. A Call of Duty Tournament will be running on the Tuesday to Thursday. Check out the video on the main website page and see the thirty foot screen in action.

This is a non profit event but there are some costs involved. These are the payment to the college porters for the days of the event and the payment to a college technician. Once these costs are met the rest of the entry fund goes into the prizes. These costs are met by all tournaments at the event. There will also be sponsorship from different companies although these have yet to be confirmed.
    Last year we have Red Bull provide drinks for the players at the event and also other companies provided other products. I will be working hard to get as many sponsors as possible.

I would also like to ask anyone who has experience with admining a SC2 event to please contact me.
    I recently paid a visit to the lan center in town to meet with some players and discuss the event and have to say everyone was very friendly and helpful.

I would also like to inform sc2 players that I have a team speak 3 server where some Irish and European sc2 players come to play and generally hang out and have fun playing the game. If anyone would like to join this ts server please email me directly at ekilbride@gmail.com. For access and a few rules and things that generally make the ts a good place for all the members.

Again please go to www.dublinesportsevent.com for further information.

I hope this can become a regular event for Star Craft players in Ireland and that everyone will support these gaming tournaments.

If players could post here their interest here I will add them to the list of attendees.

Thank you

Emmet Kilbride aka KosH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 koshmeister

PS: Can this be stickied please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Why not September : (((((((((

Good luck.

EDIT: I reported your post. We don't have dedicated admins.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Stuck! Good luck with the event!

Ye sorry it can't be in September...the college reopens then.

Just to be clear...the funds from the player receipts go back into the prize fund. So the more players that attend the bigger the fund.

I would also like to try and spread out the prize fund to a top 5 or more if possible. I know that that means 1st prize will be smaller but i think that as a community event it would just be good to spread it out a bit.
    I will be contacting blizzard and other sponsors...as you can see from the cod event last year Thermal take esports sponsored the event and i will try and get them to help with the sc2 side. I suppose its up to everyone out there to try and help make this a good event because we could maybe push to make a national qualifier for some other events..I don't know just thinking out loud i suppose

Of course let me also say that i am open to suggestions that players make.

Thanks again

KosH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OldDurty

Cant wait to attend this. . made this account just to comment :D
    See ya there !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Welcome to boards :D
    Hope the event goes well, maybe get some recordings and upload replays to a site if possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Finstern

I'll be going hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Stickying a thread is a sure fire way to get people to ignore it!

Looks interesting, I'll try and attend if I'm free. Is there any information on the previous event?

Yes mate...go to the main site for images and a video of the event last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ThirdShock

Hi, I'm really looking forward to the event hope everything goes well! Is it a first come first serve system to participate? If so i'd hope to reserve a spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DoC172

Cant wait going to be awesome

HI Everyone

I am pleased to announce the StarCraft 2 event at the Dublin eSports event this summer. The venue is Ballyfermot College of further education. The date is 12th august 2012.

Event will start at 9am and run for the entire day.

Please note this is a turn up and play tournament. Computers will be supplied and the spec with other information can be found on the event website at www.dublinesportsevent.com

The tournament will be a 1v1 but I would like to play a 2v2 competition if it can be arranged and we have the time. I also have the opportunity to maybe extend the event to Friday if the StarCraft tournament wasn’t finished. A Call of Duty Tournament will be running on the Tuesday to Thursday. Check out the video on the main website page and see the thirty foot screen in action.

This is a non profit event but there are some costs involved. These are the payment to the college porters for the days of the event and the payment to a college technician. Once these costs are met the rest of the entry fund goes into the prizes. These costs are met by all tournaments at the event. There will also be sponsorship from different companies although these have yet to be confirmed.
    Last year we have Red Bull provide drinks for the players at the event and also other companies provided other products. I will be working hard to get as many sponsors as possible.

I would also like to ask anyone who has experience with admining a SC2 event to please contact me.
    I recently paid a visit to the lan center in town to meet with some players and discuss the event and have to say everyone was very friendly and helpful.

I would also like to inform sc2 players that I have a team speak 3 server where some Irish and European sc2 players come to play and generally hang out and have fun playing the game. If anyone would like to join this ts server please email me directly at ekilbride@gmail.com. For access and a few rules and things that generally make the ts a good place for all the members.

Again please go to www.dublinesportsevent.com for further information.

I hope this can become a regular event for Star Craft players in Ireland and that everyone will support these gaming tournaments.

If players could post here their interest here I will add them to the list of attendees.

Thank you

Emmet Kilbride aka KosH

CORRECTION the date is per the official website which is the 13th of August not the 12th...Sorry bout that. The cod tournament then follows from Tuesday to friday.

CORRECTION the date is per the official website which is the 13th of August not the 12th...Sorry bout that. The cod tournament then follows from Tuesday to friday.

Once again reported.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fixed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Sounds good, will prob go along to this! I do think people usually overlook stickies though, might wanna just leave it as a normal thread for a while. Also make sure to advertise it on teamliquid.net in the Starcraft 2 tournaments section.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RimasOwns97

Ill probably will go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Itsmejosh

haha didnt play for 10 months (since September) more or less cause studying for LC, but i hope to practice for the whole month of july and a bit on august and go to this event and just have a good time :D

Sorry to inform everyone but this event has been postponed. Thanks for all your help and support.

Admins the post can be deleted if you so wish and thank you again

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xTwizLaH

mw3 4v4 console??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 02pheland

im just getting into SC2 now not ready to compete yet but id be interested in going if I can get the time off, and hopefully be ready to play for the next Irish tournament

• Advertisement

It's been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

wow really? -_- how do you know?

Sorry to inform everyone but this event has been postponed. Thanks for all your help and support.

Admins the post can be deleted if you so wish and thank you again

^

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Oh... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Damn, the irish starcraft community is in pretty rough shape

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

It's been cancelled.

Any public reason for the cancellation?

Edit: just re-read that the event was 'postponed' rather than cancelled!!

Muppet me

Tenger wrote: »
    Any public reason for the cancellation?

lack of interest?

(I was out of the country for a while)

For the reason in the post you thanked >_< from the Admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bearsarecool

Is it postponed or cancelled? Could we get an update on this? It still says on the Dublin eSports event website that it is taking place.

http://www.dublinesportsevent.com/Information.html

Advertisement