Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be entitled to Jobseekers Benefit for these 2 weeks I'm out of job?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Please advise. I can not find such info on welfare.ie

My contract is finishing on 4th May and I might have a new job on 21st of May. I'm not sure yet.

My question is will I be entitled to Jobseekers Benefit for these 2 weeks I'm out of job?

Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

happy09 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Please advise. I can not find such info on welfare.ie

My contract is finishing on 4th May and I might have a new job on 21st of May. I'm not sure yet.

My question is will I be entitled to Jobseekers Benefit for these 2 weeks I'm out of job?

Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

If you have a jobseekers benefit entitlement then you will be entitled to make a claim when your contract is finished. The criteria for jsb is that you have to be looking for work. In view of the fact that hopefully you will be starting a new job on the 21st of May I dont see why you cant claim for the period in between. The first 3 days will not be paid unless your claim links to a previous claim.

Advertisement