Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to repeat/ do irish exam for primary teaching

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there

I have been looking through old threads and posts on here and have seen that repeating the irish leaving cert examination is not the only way to gain the irish qualification needed to teach in primary schools, I was wondering if anyone who has repeated irish or done one of the irish courses could tell me what they felt was the best route. I feel if i was to repeat the irish leaving cert i would probably need a lot of grinds and with not going to classes i would feel i was missing out on learning! Has anyone done the teg irish course? or the irish diploma in nuim? any help on which route to take would be very much appreciated!! I am currently doing my degree in childcare in stranmillis college, I could also go the route of doing the pgce in the north/uk and then doing the irish exam afterwards, just trying to get as much info as i can to see what my best options are! Thanks all!biggrin.gif

Advertisement