Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Sinclair & Howard Marks,An evening in conversation

Options
  • 30-04-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

John Sinclair & Howard Marks
    An evening in conversation
    Sunday May 27
    Doors 7.30
    Tickets €18 from www.tickets.ie/umack & Sound Cellar

For the first time in front of a live audience, living legends John Sinclair (American political activist, poet & former manager of MC5) and Howard Marks (best-selling author, former international drug trafficker and all round roguish charmer) will be teaming up to share their fascinating and, at times, truly incredible stories with each other.

The two veteran raconteurs will delve into the haze of their era-shaping pasts, as Howard, a vigorous advocate for the legalisation of recreational drugs interviews John about his own lifelong activism and how he became a figurehead for counterculture the world over. From John's recent involvement with Meltdown festival curated by Massive Attack and the launch of the Music is Revolution Foundation, to reflecting upon his part in founding the revolutionary White Panther Party, managing the MC5 and sparking the legendary 1971 "John Sinclair Freedom Rally" you'll see why it's not just anybody who could have inspired John Lennon to write a song about him!
    http://youtu.be/fZJLInCgem8

This unique opportunity to share the experiences of an outlaw icon who knows what it means to stand up for what you believe in will reveal just what life is like campaigning for social justice and speaking out against an oppressive establishment and the price at which that comes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

any idea as to when they'd be onstage and finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

ronano wrote: »
    any idea as to when they'd be onstage and finish up?

I imagine they'll be onstage by 7:40pm. Should be over at around 9:30pm at the latest, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Whatever way you look at it all, Marks is a legend. How many blokes have dealt with the notorious Chinese Triad gangs, IRA and the Mafia and emerged unscathed? Respect.

I thought he was a hoot when he appeared on The Panel before: Seems like a thoroughly likeable chap.

Nice, little documentary about John Sinclair here:

Jaysus, imagine being handed down a ten-year prison sentence for possessing two joints? Daft or what?

I'm heading along to their show in Belfast tomorrow night. Should be good craic. :)

Advertisement